• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

buying Peanuts
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Hi guys i have a freind who wants a really classic 1950s Peanuts comic strip by schultz like the ones from the newspaper ebay seems to be out of luck does anyone have any i can trade or buy from has to be from 1950-1954 latest idk he says he likes the way Schultz used to draw Charlie brown and snoopy lol

image.png

There were hardcover reprints 10 years ago that were very popular, The Complete Peanuts.  It was never on my radar, but people that bought them seemed very happy with them.

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Peanuts-1950-1952-Vol/dp/156097589X/ref=pd_bxgy_14_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1MNWWXH4ZHDBS5T9C9RP&dpID=412f7OoMF0L&preST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=detail

I'm not sure what original cover price was, but they aren't expensive right now, so your pal is in luck.

Edited by FineCollector

On 10/28/2017 at 6:48 PM, Aliens said:

Hi guys i have a freind who wants a really classic 1950s Peanuts comic strip by schultz like the ones from the newspaper ebay seems to be out of luck does anyone have any i can trade or buy from has to be from 1950-1954 latest idk he says he likes the way Schultz used to draw Charlie brown and snoopy lol

image.png

If you're talking about the original art, it's not only very costly, but from what I've seen less common from the early fifties.

Edited by namisgr

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, Aliens said:

image.png

Love your ASM 33 homage avatar.

Boardie Rick's Neat Stuff is among the few top resident experts on Peanuts, if you say his name three times absolutely nothing will probably happen, but it couldn't hurt.  He's actually sold some amazing golden age funny books to fund his peanut addiction.

1 hour ago, grebal said:

Love your ASM 33 homage avatar.

Boardie Rick's Neat Stuff is among the few top resident experts on Peanuts, if you say his name three times absolutely nothing will probably happen, but it couldn't hurt.  He's actually sold some amazing golden age funny books to fund his peanut addiction.

thanks for all the replies they really helped

If your friend is looking for originals, as others have said, they are really expensive.   And also a favorite of forgers (who seem to think that Schultz is easy to imitate).  Beware of fakes. 

6 hours ago, Arkadin said:

Your friend is right - the early Peanuts have a wonderful look to them.

Here are a few Sunday strips I have from 1952 (first year).

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

do you have any you are willing to sell... its ok if you dont i also have some cool marvel and DC keys if traded is your thing?

Edited by Aliens

6 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

If your friend is looking for originals, as others have said, they are really expensive.   And also a favorite of forgers (who seem to think that Schultz is easy to imitate).  Beware of fakes. 

+1  Schultz was popular around the world !!