• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elfquest

6 posts in this topic

Anybody have any experience with first print Elfquests from the late 70's. I just came into about 30 NM to NM+ first prints 2 or three copies of each. Are they worth having graded or shouId I just put them up on ebay raw?

Thanks.

There is not much data on whether graded copies would sell at a higher premium then "raw" copies...as of yet there is only one #1 on the census and it is a 9.4 and there is zip for data at GPAnalysis...

9.6 or above may draw a good premium but you would probably be better of selling a complete set as is....

Thanks - there's really nothing out on the typical websites. With so few graded I wonder if there is even a demand.Here's an image of one of the #1 and #2.elf1.jpg

elf2.jpg

With so few graded I wonder if there is even a demand.

There's a small following that likes Wendi Pini, me included, and the Fantasy world she and Richard created...the series was extremely popular back when they were released but interest seems to have waned since then...

Fantasy Quarterly is of more interest to most since it is the first appearance of Elfquest...

PS: If you wanna sell a set PM me with a price.... thumbsup2.gif

Hello There ft88

If you send the group to CGC for evaluation and have them pre-grade the lot and only encapsulate 9.6 or better I will be happy to pay you a premium for the best run! takeit.gif I am sure my reputation will assert I have no problem paying top dollar for what I like at the moment. gossip.gifthumbsup2.gif

With so few graded I wonder if there is even a demand.

There's a small following that likes Wendi Pini, me included, and the Fantasy world she and Richard created...the series was extremely popular back when they were released but interest seems to have waned since then...

Fantasy Quarterly is of more interest to most since it is the first appearance of Elfquest...

This jaded horror fanatic must confess a love for Elfquest. acclaim.gif

The series got pretty popular again for a second time in the mid 1990's when a few "off-shoot" elf titles got published by the Pini's. If they ever get their animated movie made and properly distributed, who knows where the value of these could go. gossip.gif

The real fun in Elfquest has always been the reading of the material, which the Pini's have made easy with their constantly available & very beautiful graphic novel collections. With such an abundance of the GN's out there, I don't know where the future value of the original mags might lie. Seems like very few care to speculate on them thus far, so who knows which way it'll go... confused-smiley-013.gif