• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a CGC label mistake, correct?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, szavisca said:

You'd think it'd be easily programmable to not allow a blue label to ever print with the notation trimmed.  Dunno what kinda junky software cgc uses.

No way to tell if the error is the label or the trimmed notation... the seller seems to have it deeply discounted though so I'm assuming it's the label color that's off.

Yep.  It looks trimmed to me.

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Sure looks like it.

3 hours ago, szavisca said:

You'd think it'd be easily programmable to not allow a blue label to ever print with the notation trimmed.  Dunno what kinda junky software cgc uses.

No way to tell if the error is the label or the trimmed notation... the seller seems to have it deeply discounted though so I'm assuming it's the label color that's off.

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Yep.  It looks trimmed to me.

They use software?

@Sqeggs --> is it just the very straight edge regularity along the 3 sides that makes it look trimmed to you?

22 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

They use software?

@Sqeggs --> is it just the very straight edge regularity along the 3 sides that makes it look trimmed to you?

Power of suggestion -- once they tell me its trimmed, I know its trimmed!  :)

The regularity and the fact that it seems small in the slab horizontally.

12 hours ago, szavisca said:

When I saw the price, I thought to myself that is a steal and couldn't see the fine print but saw it was a blue label.  When I clicked to go to just that book from the search results, it took me a minute to notice the trimmed notation.  I noticed how much the guide value showed on the page (which I think the seller adds but maybe it is CL) and that is what made think something screwy is amiss.  But I read the description and saw the trimmed notation.  

The only good thing of selling it this way is at least the seller is not overtly pumping a non-disclosed trimmed book as some may crack it and sell it without mentioning the trimming.   CGC would reholder it at no cost and I wish either the seller or CL would send it back.  As it sits now on CL's site - it says:

Type of Holder: Universal

Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored

I guess the type of holder is true even though it shouldn't be but the second part is not regardless of the type of holder.

5 hours ago, telerites said:

When I saw the price, I thought to myself that is a steal and couldn't see the fine print but saw it was a blue label.  When I clicked to go to just that book from the search results, it took me a minute to notice the trimmed notation.  I noticed how much the guide value showed on the page (which I think the seller adds but maybe it is CL) and that is what made think something screwy is amiss.  But I read the description and saw the trimmed notation.  

The only good thing of selling it this way is at least the seller is not overtly pumping a non-disclosed trimmed book as some may crack it and sell it without mentioning the trimming.   CGC would reholder it at no cost and I wish either the seller or CL would send it back.  As it sits now on CL's site - it says:

Type of Holder: Universal

Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored

I guess the type of holder is true even though it shouldn't be but the second part is not regardless of the type of holder.

If you brought it to CL's attention, maybe they would pull the listing.  Even though the trimming is disclosed, the book isn't really an unrestored/universal book, so it shouldn't be listed on their site as such, imo.