• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blocking seller on eBay

23 posts in this topic

I don't think so...  I've been trying to find a way to block Mile High for months because their listings ruin a category if there are a lot of them.  Knowing I'd never buy from them it would be great if I could filter them out of my search results via some settings.

Edited by comicquant

I know there's a block bidder list on ebay.  Unsure about sellers. Maybe you can also add their ebay screennames to the block bidders list and it could prevent you from bidding on their items.  I've had instances from certain ebay sellers where I try to put a bid in and it wouldn't allow me to. It told me to contact the seller.  So it may work?

2 hours ago, comicquant said:

I don't think so...  I've been trying to find a way to block Mile High for months because their listings ruin a category if there are a lot of them.  Knowing I'd never buy from them it would be great if I could filter them out of my search results via some settings.

I know they generally suck, but I just bought a great GA book from them at a bargain price.  A book that is impossible in any grade. 

Ok, I exaggerated, very few copies show up on eBay.  And those other ones are listed at a much, much higher price.

9 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I know they generally suck, but I just bought a great GA book from them at a bargain price.  A book that is impossible in any grade. 

Ok, I exaggerated, very few copies show up on eBay.  And those other ones are listed at a much, much higher price.

But have they shipped the book yet???  :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, comicquant said:
14 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

That was two days ago - they are still finishing a game of King Bong....., banana082.gif

I set up a template search that has their listings excluded (among other settings regarding prices etc) and then change what I am searching for in the search bar--- the original search restrictions continue to filter out their listings that way.

There is no way to list specific sellers like the block list for buyers. It would be awesome if they had it though.

Here is an example:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Silver-Age-1956-69/73/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=daredevil&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=73&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=25&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=85017&_fsradio2=%26LH_PrefLoc%3D1&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&LH_SubLocation=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=2&_sasl=milehighcomics%2C+anthonyscomicbookart-online%2C+highvelocitycomics%2C+mycomicshop%2C+esskayp&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=25

5 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I set up a template search that has their listings excluded (among other settings regarding prices etc) and then change what I am searching for in the search bar--- the original search restrictions continue to filter out their listings that way.

There is no way to list specific sellers like the block list for buyers. It would be awesome if they had it though.

Here is an example:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Silver-Age-1956-69/73/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=daredevil&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=73&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=25&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=85017&_fsradio2=%26LH_PrefLoc%3D1&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&LH_SubLocation=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=2&_sasl=milehighcomics%2C+anthonyscomicbookart-online%2C+highvelocitycomics%2C+mycomicshop%2C+esskayp&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=25

Awesome, so you can explicitly block seller's id's.  Very cool!  Thank you!  I've always used search templates but I never knew you could block specific sellers.

Screenshot 2017-11-02 02.png

23 hours ago, Pizzafist said:

Yes there is! If you add their ebay user name to you blocked buyer/bidder list it also acts as a block seller list and will keep you from accidentally buying from theme in the future.You can also black them on Paypal.  using their name and email.

I do not think this is correct but would be thrilled if it were true.

However-- even if true -- it does not do what the initial request was about-- filtering out unwanted sellers in search lists.

Edited by 01TheDude

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, lizards2 said:
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, comicquant said:
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:09 PM, lizards2 said:

That was two days ago - they are still finishing a game of King Bong....., banana082.gif

OK - I got my book from Mile High today - well graded, and packaged extremely well with wet weather in mind.  I can now reveal what it was - they severely underpriced it, or anyway, it was way under what others have asked, and I can vouch that it is a tough book to come by:

DATE-WITH-JUDY-1947-Series-19-Very-Good-Comics-Book

stock photo - not the one I received.

This replaces the one I got from cd4ever many year's ago, that had a centerfold missing. :banana: 

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

OK - I got my book from Mile High today - well graded, and packaged extremely well with wet weather in mind.  I can now reveal what it was - they severely underpriced it, or anyway, it was way under what others have asked, and I can vouch that it is a tough book to come by:

This replaces the one I got from cd4ever many year's ago, that had a centerfold missing. :banana: 

Great pick up!

CAL who must start scouring Mile High again...B|

32 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Nice grab!  I'll have to go through and redo all of my filters again :facepalm: 

19 hours ago, lizards2 said:

can you show a scan of the book you received and share what grade MileHigh assigned it?

1 minute ago, 01TheDude said:

can you show a scan of the book you received and share what grade MileHigh assigned it?

Maybe.  You're asking for a lot of my time.