• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How rare are comics in the new CGC case?

7 posts in this topic

meh

I've noticed a lot of older books in the new CGC case  :) 

Who believes that these are new to the Market? Sure some are reholder's and some are from Signature Series.... but lol 

Are there any "believers" out there that feel that these are "new" books to the market? or that some books are no longer rare in high grade due to old cases in people's collections and "new" cases coming to the market?

I wasn't around for the last time a "new" case came around. I'm wondering if some here that were around could fill me in? This would be an easy time to teach me to fish and spot the market for myself lol :wishluck:

As spotting the new cases is old hat to most, is it too late to teach me about the market, have the new cgc cases been around too long to tell anymore?

Oh and Happy 43 years old to Incredible Hulk 181 this November 2017 :) 

39 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

meh

I've noticed a lot of older books in the new CGC case  :) 

Who believes that these are new to the Market? Sure some are reholder's and some are from Signature Series.... but lol 

Are there any "believers" out there that feel that these are "new" books to the market? or that some books are no longer rare in high grade due to old cases in people's collections and "new" cases coming to the market?

I wasn't around for the last time a "new" case came around. I'm wondering if some here that were around could fill me in? This would be an easy time to teach me to fish and spot the market for myself lol :wishluck:

As spotting the new cases is old hat to most, is it too late to teach me about the market, have the new cgc cases been around too long to tell anymore?

Oh and Happy 43 years old to Incredible Hulk 181 this November 2017 :) 

When a book gets a reholder, it keeps the same cert number. You can tell if a new label book has been reholdered by looking at the cert number. Doesn't work on a CPR situation.

2 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

When a book gets a reholder, it keeps the same cert number. You can tell if a new label book has been reholdered by looking at the cert number. Doesn't work on a CPR situation.

interesting lol I just had two reholdered and I didn't even notice that good to know (thumbsu

For what it's worth... the CGC websites says they'd graded 4.1Million books at the point that they wrote that.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/holder-faq.asp

The CGC Census only has 3.575Million, so unless there's some other explanation, there are over a half-million regrades (or de-slabs) which were reported and removed from the census.  Who knows how many more weren't reported at all.

5 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

When the new cases came out in April of 2016 I was amazed how fast they were on ebay. Wayyyy more than I thought there would be. I guess most people grade books in order to sell them.

Interesting as well. I had some books come back at the end of April (not to sell) but also on the 30th of June (also not to sell), but April does seem not to be too busy a time for as many as wound up online. 

At least they have turnaround times that have got better. 

Even older books though... my june 30th was an IH 181

39 minutes ago, valiantman said:

For what it's worth... the CGC websites says they'd graded 4.1Million books at the point that they wrote that.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/holder-faq.asp

The CGC Census only has 3.575Million, so unless there's some other explanation, there are over a half-million regrades (or de-slabs) which were reported and removed from the census.  Who knows how many more weren't reported at all.

Haha must have been something though, with all the ahem reholdering that had to go on last year, it's weird there are so many new books for sale; although, 3.575 sounds like not all of them out there, but that is still a sizable amount....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM