• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Part 2 of "How much would you offer for this collection"
1 1

16 posts in this topic

The ad is for sale in Calgary, Alberta on Kijiji if anyone wants to make an offer. I don't want to link to his ad becuase the guy can see how many views his ad gets and the number would be artificially inflated from this forum. But feel free to find it and send him an offer if you're interested or live in the area.

Here's the info from the ad. It's 3 longboxes of stuff.

"Comic collection selling as lot only -The west coast average - infinity (45 comic's) -Star hunters -star trek ( 94 comics ) -Superman (112 comics) -Iron man ( 82 comics ) -Squadron supreme (23 comics) -Legends (2 comics) -Legion of super heros (234 comics) -Legion (43 comics ) -Millennium -icon , Indiana Jones, Inhumanoids,losers, And lots others Well not separate"

He has it listed for $600.  When I first contacted him he only had the first photo and a description that there were 3 longboxes of 'older comics'.  So I offered him $300 thinking that if he agreed I could at least have a look and back out of the deal if I didn't think they were worth 300.  The guy passed on the offer, saying "No sorry to low . Thanks for the offer" I told him to contact me if he changed his mind to which he said "Ha no I'm good. Thanks" Which at first offended me but now I'm thinking it's pretty funny. 

Now that he's posted more photos and a better description I'm thinking I offered too much! I'm curious as to what you guys think and what you might value the collection at (based on the pictures). 

Keep in mind these prices are CAD.  $600 CAD = $470 USD.  $300 USD = $235 USD

$_59 (1).JPG

$_59 (2).JPG

$_59 (3).JPG

$_59 (4).JPG

$_59 (5).JPG

$_59.JPG

2 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

You offered way too much.

The seller is :screwy: for not jumping on that $300 CAD.

Yeah. In my defence I was pretty much biding blind (he hadn't posted the photos or description yet) to see how flexible he was on the price if I were to look at them in person.  I'm kinda hoping he comes back and asks me if I'll still buy them for $300 so I can say ""Ha no I'm good. Thanks" right back at him. 

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

Nothing that I see stands out at all and this is dollar bin books. If I buy it at all the most I pay is 10 cents a book.  Call it $30 a long, $80.00 - $90.00 max.

That's some rough stuff.  Yah if you have some way to sell it (like you own a store or sell at local shows and can sell dollar boxes or make some sets/runs), I'd go $50 for all of it.  If not, then hard pass.

Just now, revat said:

That's some rough stuff.  Yah if you have some way to sell it (like you own a store or sell at local shows and can sell dollar boxes or make some sets/runs), I'd go $50 for all of it.  If not, then hard pass.

Looking at the pics I don't buy it.

image.png.229bf78671821d054c5e5a7d0b04343e.png

but seriously ...

about 600 books - if I was already there I wold offer what @Artboy99 says-  about .10 US a book.  If I saw the pics first - would not even bother. Ad looks like typical long-shot craigslist one - showing the older supes hoping that drawing someone in thinking there are more bronze books. Then you get to the new universe and just ....

:facepalm:

Edited by W16227

10 hours ago, Shawnismaximus said:

When I first contacted him he only had the first photo and a description that there were 3 longboxes of 'older comics'.  So I offered him $300 thinking that if he agreed I could at least have a look and back out of the deal if I didn't think they were worth 300.

No offense to Shawn, but is this slimy, or is that how experienced buyers get a foot in the door?

6 hours ago, W16227 said:

image.png.229bf78671821d054c5e5a7d0b04343e.png

but seriously ...

about 600 books - if I was already there I wold offer what @Artboy99 says-  about .10 US a book.  If I saw the pics first - would not even bother. Ad looks like typical long-shot craigslist one - showing the older supes hoping that drawing someone in thinking there are more bronze books. Then you get to the new universe and just ....

:facepalm:

Shoulda been the title back in  The day: "New Universe And Just....!"

20 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Nothing that I see stands out at all and this is dollar bin books. If I buy it at all the most I pay is 10 cents a book.  Call it $30 a long, $80.00 - $90.00 max.

Yup, unless there's something sweet hiding in there, I'd be at around $25 per long.