• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jamie Hewlett - Tank Girl

5 posts in this topic

I know this piece wont' score big on this board, but getting a piece from Jamie Hewlett (with Tank Girl on it) it's a enormous score for me. Hard to find, impossible to buy. A must have both for a comic art collector and a music fan.

Comments, as usual, more than welcome!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1434115

Ciao,

Luca

Well, I won't speak for anyone else, but I for one dig that.

I've had my eye on several of Jamie's pieces in more recent years, and I kick myself regularly for passing up on a whole stack of TG pieces at Scott Eder's booth at SD in '99. I bought a Mignola Dylan Dog cover that year, and some other very forgettable stuff that I no longer have, but boy do I wish I'd grabbed up one or four of those great TG pieces four a couple hundred bucks. I'd have had my choice of some doozies.

Thank you both for the kinds words.

I met Scott Eder last weekend in Italy and he told me stories of all the pages by Jamie he bought back in the 90ties. He was just a regular comicbook dealer at the time when he saw Shade's cover by Hewlett for sale and decided it was time to change his business core. He bought more than five of those covers for a few hundreds each and started his new business. He sold hundreds of them and calls himself stooooopid for not keeping more for himself... he still has that TG cover with the Ramones hat that I keep asking and asking and asking (the punkrock in me)... But even if we are pals, he is not going to sell.

I just wish more people would be interested in Jamie's art... Man, it's undergorund culture and hit the masses strong and hard.

2 hours ago, pestonaccio said:

I know this piece wont' score big on this board, but getting a piece from Jamie Hewlett (with Tank Girl on it) it's a enormous score for me. Hard to find, impossible to buy. A must have both for a comic art collector and a music fan.

Comments, as usual, more than welcome!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1434115

Ciao,

Luca

That's a great page. Congrats on picking it up.