• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miss the days when you could actually trade
2 2

43 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

I would like to find other run collectors for certain series and do some trading that helps us both fill out the runs. Hard to do but if we had an area set up for it that would not get over run by sales threads, it might work out. Seems like any time I've mentioned this thought, others tell me that has been tried and it doesn't work or they stopped it due to lack of interest. Now I understand that a large number of the people here are dealers or comic selling pros -- so they probably are not interested in that type of arrangement. For example-- I have several under copies of Strange Tales and am looking for issues I need for the run. Similar needs in Daredevil-- though the needs in both of these series are getting closer and closer to just needing what many consider key books.

anyway .... it would be cool if you could find others looking to trade books that appreciate the same character/series. Maybe I should try listing this in the WTB section. Not sure. Seems like that forum is over run by people trying to snag keys and super high grade books for pennies on the dollar. Still hurts to think of what I let my FF 52 and ASM 31 go for while I was still a super noob on this forum.

I could certainly get behind this...I have a number of books (I'd say a lot, but compared to others here, it's probably barely noticeable...) that I have duplicates/undercopies of now, as I've been trying to put together runs, and I'd be happy to trade them (assuming someone else would be interested in them) for others that I need.

20 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

I could certainly get behind this...I have a number of books (I'd say a lot, but compared to others here, it's probably barely noticeable...) that I have duplicates/undercopies of now, as I've been trying to put together runs, and I'd be happy to trade them (assuming someone else would be interested in them) for others that I need.

I think that is the tough part--- finding someone who has similar interests (Modern or bronze or SA) and then characters or series-- and then on top of that high/mid/low grade. Sort of a "need it / Got doubles" list

2 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I think that is the tough part--- finding someone who has similar interests (Modern or bronze or SA) and then characters or series-- and then on top of that high/mid/low grade. Sort of a "need it / Got doubles" list

Definitely. Some kind of searchable database would probably be best--something a person could search by title and/or book to see what's available, then look more into the offeror to see what else they may have and what they'd want before contacting. Or just a running list of "Haves/Wants" by title, and then contacting that person for more specifics. But with the volume of books that might end up being offered for trade, any route would probably just become seriously bogged down. (And either way, it could be hard to do--I mean, I have non-duplicate/undercopies that I'd be willing to trade toward books I'd rather have, if the right situation arose...but how to advertise that? That becomes more difficult...)