• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mycomicshop's email this week
3 3

32 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Funny how this thread went from being about a backhanded email to a lovefest that has nothing to do with an email.

Businesses in competition always make veiled digs at their competitors.  Burger King, Subway, McDonalds and the other fast food places all throw shade at one another. Coke and Pepsi do it all the time.  Dave used to do it to Jay.  In fact everyone used to do it to Jay Leno.

MyComicShop's direct competition is not the high end auctions run by Heritage, ComicConnect or ComicLink.  They venture into that territory but are not really at that same part of the lunch table.  However, Mile High is MCS direct competition as the end all, one stop, comic shop.  If they want to point out a thing that they do that the competition doesn't they can have at it. 

I don't lose any sleep over it either way. 

56 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Businesses in competition always make veiled digs at their competitors.  Burger King, Subway, McDonalds and the other fast food places all throw shade at one another. Coke and Pepsi do it all the time.  Dave used to do it to Jay.  In fact everyone used to do it to Jay Leno.

MyComicShop's direct competition is not the high end auctions run by Heritage, ComicConnect or ComicLink.  They venture into that territory but are not really at that same part of the lunch table.  However, Mile High is MCS direct competition as the end all, one stop, comic shop.  If they want to point out a thing that they do that the competition doesn't they can have at it. 

I don't lose any sleep over it either way. 

Agreed, that's what the thread was about. Had nothing to do with their grading or buying from them.

Agree that Lone Star (MCS) is a great place to get books.  My #1 complaint is that they don't allow buyers to submit offers, which would make a huge difference.

I can't remember the last time I bought from that other web site situated well above sea level.  A perfect storm of inflated prices and inflated grades.

Mycomicshop is fine.

I can’t even comment on Mile High these days because unless they really aren’t making money and going slowly into debt like so many before them I can’t imagine how their business model is able to make any kind of high profit.

Their pulling out of SDCC might be reflective of the rest of their business. They had a giant booth but little worth buying at their pricing structure. 

They have Whole Foods prices and Walmart products.

21 hours ago, mysterymachine said:

I hate to be the one to bring it up, but Mycomicshop's consignment books are soiling their reputation. All one has to do is run a search on any key book on Ebay to see what I mean.

Because the prices are too high? People still buy them simply because it's MCS.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Because the prices are too high? People still buy them simply because it's MCS.

Yeah, I have seen some pretty outrageous prices on some books. It seems that many people are using MCS to fish for ignorant buyers which frustrates me. I can still find books at reasonable prices from them but I have to look extra hard these days.