• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mycomicshop's email this week
3 3

32 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, siro123 said:

Anybody read it ?

He is ripping into a certain comic stores pricing structure.

He never says the name but we all know who it is.

:popcorn:

I did not receive it or might have deleted it.  You do not have to post the insinuated name but I would like to read it.  I can only imagine who it refers to.  I am guessing something to do with a "Kilometer Tall" type of comic shop. 

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I did not receive it or might have deleted it.  You do not have to post the insinuated name but I would like to read it.  I can only imagine who it refers to.  I am guessing something to do with a "Kilometer Tall" type of comic shop. 

Would be my guess also. 

I always enjoy the Lone Star letter!  Sometimes Odinson's portion is an interesting read and Buddy just strikes me as a really decent man.  I just fired up an order late last week and God that place is well run.  I do most of my comic buying late at night (LOL) and I think I put the order in around Midnight EST.  At about 10am EST (so 9 central) I got the "we have your order".  No lie - 30 minutes later "order pulled", and 30 minutes after that "order shipped."  They have really got that down to a science and imo shows they understand what they're up against in terms of customer expectations.  We're all so used to Amazon speed we now expect if everywhere.  And Lone Star - for a family run business that's not doing 47 billion a quarter in sales - is pretty impressive in doing their best to be fast and efficient.

This week's letter basically had what we're used to - if I'm not ok to repost please advise and I'll remove - but the line was:

"No one offers more sales than we do and all our sales are real sales and not fake sales. We will never mark all our comics up 30%, then tell you that all our comics are 30% off week after week ad infinitum, breaking that pattern only to go to an occasional 40% off (a 10% discount), or 50% off (a 20% discount). No fake news and no fake discounts here at Lone Star Comics."

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:
4 hours ago, siro123 said:

Anybody read it ?

He is ripping into a certain comic stores pricing structure.

He never says the name but we all know who it is.

:popcorn:

I am not on that elite mailing list either, so I'm blissfully unaware. :D

8 hours ago, roach04 said:

I always enjoy the Lone Star letter!  Sometimes Odinson's portion is an interesting read and Buddy just strikes me as a really decent man.  I just fired up an order late last week and God that place is well run.  I do most of my comic buying late at night (LOL) and I think I put the order in around Midnight EST.  At about 10am EST (so 9 central) I got the "we have your order".  No lie - 30 minutes later "order pulled", and 30 minutes after that "order shipped."  They have really got that down to a science and imo shows they understand what they're up against in terms of customer expectations.  We're all so used to Amazon speed we now expect if everywhere.  And Lone Star - for a family run business that's not doing 47 billion a quarter in sales - is pretty impressive in doing their best to be fast and efficient.

This week's letter basically had what we're used to - if I'm not ok to repost please advise and I'll remove - but the line was:

"No one offers more sales than we do and all our sales are real sales and not fake sales. We will never mark all our comics up 30%, then tell you that all our comics are 30% off week after week ad infinitum, breaking that pattern only to go to an occasional 40% off (a 10% discount), or 50% off (a 20% discount). No fake news and no fake discounts here at Lone Star Comics."

I've found many more deals from a mile away than MCS. I'm glad people stay away from them. 

Not sure what exactly you accomplish by their verbiage either. If you're going to call someone out step up to the plate and use their name.

On 9 November 2017 at 4:17 AM, deadleg said:

I am guessing something to do with a "Kilometer Tall" type of comic shop

hm

Wonder who this could be?

Judging by the use of metric measurement, possibly some competitor in Europe , or maybe Canada?

3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, deadleg said:

I am guessing something to do with a "Kilometer Tall" type of comic shop

hm

Wonder who this could be?

Judging by the use of metric measurement, possibly some competitor in Europe , or maybe Canada?

Probably not Holland.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:59 AM, ygogolak said:

I've found many more deals from a mile away than MCS. I'm glad people stay away from them. 

Not sure what exactly you accomplish by their verbiage either. If you're going to call someone out step up to the plate and use their name.

So MCS isn’t a good place to buy comics or is? I’m obviously confused by this. 

I’ve purchased from them a few times with no issues.

3 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Sure sometimes. I've had the same amount of luck with them as Mile High. Some good, some bad. Neither have I had zero issues.

3 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

I buy from them.  

Conan is a board member and easy to work with. 

No issues.  

1 hour ago, rogue14 said:

I feel that they provide the best customer service.  On the rare occasion when I have had a problem the communication has been immediate and the resolution has been more than fair.

I just received an order from them yesterday. Generally solid grading and excellent selection of most things silver and up. very professional service. I order from them semi-regularly and would highly recommend them.

On 11/8/2017 at 11:44 PM, roach04 said:

I ordered from them earlier this week & got it 2 days later. Very impressive!!

10 hours ago, Hudson said:

I buy from them.  

Conan is a board member and easy to work with. 

No issues.  

I've never had any issues either.  Excellent service all the way around.  I think at one point a few years back they mentioned that they might begin allowing offers on their site.  That would be nice addition and might be helpful to consignors.  Like most sites, they have books that can sit there for a long time that might move if buyers could finagle a discount. 

12 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I've never had any issues either.  Excellent service all the way around.  I think at one point a few years back they mentioned that they might begin allowing offers on their site.  That would be nice addition and might be helpful to consignors.  Like most sites, they have books that can sit there for a long time that might move if buyers could finagle a discount. 

This would be fantastic. There some items I’d be interested in getting if I could make an offer.

Come on MCS let’s make it happen, please.