• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting every appearance of a character
1 1

64 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, nocutename said:

I have tabs on my comic spreadsheet of various character's appearances in every comic so that I know what to still collect.   It is so bad.  :$

(worship)

43 minutes ago, nocutename said:

I have tabs on my comic spreadsheet of various character's appearances in every comic so that I know what to still collect.   It is so bad.  :$

That's a reasonable, organized way of doing it.  I'm not that disciplined!

It helps to limit myself to a timeframe.  My Spectre appearances start with Showcase 60 and stop after Hal Jordan.  All-Star and More Fun are too expensive for me, so like most G.A., I look at those like sprinkles on the cake: if I find any, great, but not an essential to my run.  Modern Crispus Allen is a different character, so I'll get to him later, if at all.

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:
1 hour ago, nocutename said:

(worship)

My organizational skills are poor, and my fervor for research and coding nil.  Not sure if I'm in the primitive state of the illness or the advanced.

25 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

My organizational skills are poor, and my fervor for research and coding nil.  Not sure if I'm in the primitive state of the illness or the advanced.

Don't worry about it, your generation invented the ball point pen.  That's enough :baiting:

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I see them as separate illnesses, if illnesses is what they are. Collecting comics in bizarre ways is one (e.g. completism) and creating eight thousand tab excel spreadsheets about them is another. I suffer from both, alas. Having no friends doesn't help. Or a life. 

3 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I see them as separate illnesses, if illnesses is what they are. Collecting comics in bizarre ways is one (e.g. completism) and creating eight thousand tab excel spreadsheets about them is another. I suffer from both, alas. Having no friends doesn't help. Or a life. 

I'll be your friend. :foryou: 

27 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:
30 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'll be your friend. :foryou: 

Be careful what you wish for liz. It's cold outside the circle buddy :foryou:

You mean the Cabal's pentagram? lol

17 hours ago, lizards2 said:

You mean the Cabal's pentagram? lol

That’s actually a protective symbol. Interesting idea.

Reminds me of the olden days when we were a much smaller, cult-like hobby; as I said once, when a secret gesture was required to enter a hall of sacred pamphlets, such as the original Forbidden Planet, back when you could feel alternative, misunderstood, marginalised.

13 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

That’s actually a protective symbol. Interesting idea.

Reminds me of the olden days when we were a much smaller, cult-like hobby; as I said once, when a secret gesture was required to enter a hall of sacred pamphlets, such as the original Forbidden Planet, back when you could feel alternative, misunderstood, marginalised.

And you don't feel that way today Ken? (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Fairly certain I have all of the Porcupines appearances.

He was a prickly prickle!