• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Win a copy of FF#1

14 posts in this topic

That's nothin'. Lighthouse used to do a drawing once a year where one random customer would win Hulk #1 (the real deal). He would give them the option to take $100 in store credit instead of the book. The Hulk #1 was a Qualified VG/GD... qualified b/c the botton 1" of the book had been trimmed off. The cool part was that it didn't effect the story or art.

I think two people actually passed on the book and took the $100 credit. No way in hell!!! I'd take the book.

FF1 signed by Kirby.

ENTER HERE!

893applaud-thumb.gif

From the rules and regulations:

"Canadian Entrants whose submission is selected in the random drawing will be required to answer a mathematical skill question correctly to be declared a winner."

27_laughing.gif

FF1 signed by Kirby.

ENTER HERE!

893applaud-thumb.gif

From the rules and regulations:

"Canadian Entrants whose submission is selected in the random drawing will be required to answer a mathematical skill question correctly to be declared a winner."

27_laughing.gif

That knocks most of them out of the contest. poke2.gif

ffgame.jpg

There are so many things wrong about this I lost count....but here are a couple of questions that come to mind.....

1) How did they determine this thing is worth $20,000? Some intern look it up online?

2) That's retail value versus......what?

3) Who is going to verify that it's Jack's real sig?

4) What are the odds that it's a candidate for a purple label?

5) How does Stan feel about Jack being referred to as the single creator of the book?

6) Isn't the winner of the Dr. Doom Snowboard technically the "Second Place Winner"?

7) Would Nikos let us grade the boook for the next round?

8) If Rick won the snowboard, how long before his son took it away from him?

1) How did they determine this thing is worth $20,000? Some intern look it up online?

2) That's retail value versus......what?

3) Who is going to verify that it's Jack's real sig?

4) What are the odds that it's a candidate for a purple label?

Who cares? They are giving the comic away...these questions only a dedicated anal fanboy would ask... poke2.gif

5) How does Stan feel about Jack being referred to as the single creator of the book?

Considering all the times Jack has been excluded in favor of Stan getting sole credit, I'd say he has little room to complain...

6) Isn't the winner of the Dr. Doom Snowboard technically the "Second Place Winner"?

No...it's the 1st Place winner...the comic is for the Grand Prize winner. Very common in contests of this type...

7) Would Nikos let us grade the book for the next round?

If so, I'd be impressed...

Jim

There are so many things wrong about this I lost count....but here are a couple of questions that come to mind.....

1. Is the Dr. Doom board really that much better than the Human Torch snowboard?

2. Will the Invisible Girl's clothes turn invisible a couple of minutes before she does? yay.gif

8) If Rick won the snowboard, how long before his son took it away from him?

27_laughing.gif

I had the exact same thought when I saw the snowboard. My son would want it. Of course it would be a few years before he could actually ride a board that big, but he would love it.

Just musing, but if it's a contest associated with the upcoming video game...why not make one/some of the prizes be copies of, say, the video game???

Probably vaporware gossip.gif

you know what i want to win? a copy of that song NOT PLAYING when i go to that site...sheesh, that's some bad music

Just musing, but if it's a contest associated with the upcoming video game...why not make one/some of the prizes be copies of, say, the video game???

They're probably pushing hard to get the game delivered on time, and don't wanna risk the contest blowing up in their faces when the deadline arrives and they're still in Beta. That said, I would agree it looks silly to be promoting a game you can't offer as one of the prizes...

I hate to say it, but the game looks pretty cheesy. Assuming the "E3 Trailer" is comprised of cinematic cut-scenes and not actual gameplay footage, this could be a really bad game. I hope not....