• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete Mystery #1 - page count?

8 posts in this topic

Recently purchased a collection with this one...

CompleteMystery1.jpg

Beat, but hopefully complete. Does anyone know the correct page count for this book? I'm hoping that it's 32 pages. I believe that the owner of this book added a staple (tough to see, but there are 3 staples in this book) and that he included an additional 4 page spread from another comic.

Regarding the other 4 page spread, does anyone know what comic a 5 page story called "The Clinging Vine" appeared?

Any help is greatly appreciated. grin.gif

Yep, that's a 32-page book, not counting the covers. You would stand a better chance of having "The Clinging Vine" identified if you could post a scan of the first page.

Thanks! I'll try to scan the Clinging Vine first page soon; I have to carefully remove the extra staple to get the story loose.

Mystery solved. Coolness.

Great spooky cover too!

Jeff--tell me you at least attended one session of the French Open while in Paris...

Marc

Thanks for all the info! Unfortunately, it's not that great of a story...I like more gore out of my pre-code horror. frown.gif

Marc, sorry, but I didn't get a chance to go to the French Open. It was my first time in Paris, so I wanted to see all the museums I could. Plus, it was hotter than heck, so the idea of sitting and watching tennis while people smoked around me in 85+ degree heat wasn't my idea of fun. If it was 20 years ago, I would have been all over it.

How's the new space in Berkeley? hi.gif

Actually, I have to agree about both the heat and the smoking. It's just that our thoughts were totally on Paris last week and this week (we're watching coverage each day) so to hear that you were in Paris was just too much. Btw, the last time I could stand smoke was at the short-lived Cafe S. on Telegraph, which is right where Amoeba is now. A few doors from Comics & Comix. This would be spring 1989, not sure if you were at Cal then or not. Spring break and my dorm friend Tom Kim had the girl from his bizarre long-distance NON-relationship visiting. It wasn't going well for ol' Tom and he begged me to come to the cafe with him and the object of his lust. They were both smokers and while I wasn't, smoke never really bothered me. Until that night at the cafe--something snapped in me and I haven't been able to stand a whiff of cigarettes since.

The new office in downtown Berkeley is good, simply because it allows us to have another 25,000 comics or more. To celebrate we bought 10,000 new ones. lol.

Sorry to miss you at the show. See you soon I hope.

Marc