• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 Page Slabs Incl. Romance CLOSED SOLD OUT!
1 1

125 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

Nice grabs! 

I didn't know there was more coming -- I jumped into the shower to get ready for work! :cry:

Why did I put general hygiene over my collection?  Why? :pullhair:

I can remember a con or two back in the day where nobody put hygiene above their collections....progress!

I need to review my fantasy football lineups up until noon CST when the games start.

Then I am going to go buy some beer because you can't buy beer before noon on Sunday in Texas. :pullhair:

So I am thinking about 1 PM Central Time when I list the 9 or so Young Love/Young Romance books.

34 minutes ago, icefires said:

I need to review my fantasy football lineups up until noon CST when the games start.

Then I am going to go buy some beer because you can't buy beer before noon on Sunday in Texas. :pullhair:

I've never understood laws like this. It's illegal to buy alcohol before noon on Sunday to drink later, but it's okay to get stone-dead drunk on Sunday morning with what you bought Saturday night? Doesn't make sense.

Just now, Real Frantic One said:

I've never understood laws like this. It's illegal to buy alcohol before noon on Sunday to drink later, but it's okay to get stone-dead drunk on Sunday morning with what you bought Saturday night? Doesn't make sense.

That's probably illegal too....  (tsk)

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

3 minutes ago, Real Frantic One said:

I'm not encouraging it, just pointing out how weird it is. I never even would have thought of anyone getting drunk on Sunday morning until I saw this!

Just now, Real Frantic One said:

I'm not encouraging it, just pointing out how weird it is. I never even would have thought of anyone getting drunk on Sunday morning until I saw this!

When we moved to Texas in 1985, almost everything was closed on Sunday. I don't get drunk on Sunday morning, but I do like to have my beer for when the NFL games start.

Too often when I stock up on Saturday for Sunday, I end up drinking it all on Saturday! lol

6 minutes ago, Real Frantic One said:
10 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

12 minutes ago, Real Frantic One said:

Our liquor stores are state run, and they used to be closed on Sundays, but now it's optional.  We also had a law against liquor/wine/beer sales from 2am (bar closing time) to 7am.  The one pizzed me off, because I grocery shop at 6 am when our only grocery store opens, and I'd always get caught up in that buying beer as it was just when I shopped.  But I understand that law was recently changed as well.