• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tarantino's Star Trek

96 posts in this topic

I grew up watching the original series with my father. Great memories there. I never really got into any Star Trek series after that. Loved Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock and still watch those two over and over. I also loved the first Abrams Star Trek and accepted the changes easily. 

Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown are my favorite Tarantino flicks and I honestly can’t say I’ve disliked any of the others he has put out. Kill Bill was so much fun it’s become a twisted family movie that my wife and daughters all enjoy with me. 

That said, I would not want a Tarantino directed Star Trek film. He is polished in making a good crime story. As someone mentioned earlier, I would love Nolan taking a shot at it. I also think James Gunn would be a great choice.

Edited by Reader

1 hour ago, Reader said:

I grew up watching the original series with my father. Great memories there.

Same here. My dad worked three jobs, so the primary time I would see him is when he woke me up to watch Star Trek late at night so he could also ask me how my day was. Great memories!

Nolan or Gunn would do amazing things when it comes to characters you care about, and adventures people could get excited about.

I'm a life long star trek fan. I have seen every episode of every series and every movie, some many many times. I have no problem with a new interpretation.

It could be a disaster or it could be brilliant! I hope it comes to fruition because I think Tarantino is a smart filmmaker and could surprise us.:wishluck:

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, Mr Sneeze said:

I'm a life long star trek fan. I have seen every episode of every series and every movie, some many many times. I have no problem with a new interpretation.

It could be a disaster or it could be brilliant! I hope it comes to fruition because I think Tarantino is a smart filmmaker and could surprise us.:wishluck:

Tarantino is an actor's director. If fans want something close to what Star Trek II achieved with dialogue, humor, drama, action and emotion then this is who you hire.

Plus he attracts A-list talent and the right folks for the roles.

This can't be better news for a franchise slightly faltering again. :whee: 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

All I know is the last Star Trek movie was very mediocre.

It was good in the way that it felt like a random episode of the original series, bad in the way that it was a big movie. Still not as bad as "The Final Frontier." :p

22 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

It was good in the way that it felt like a random episode of the original series, bad in the way that it was a big movie. Still not as bad as "The Final Frontier." :p

Agreed and it didn't help that the villain and his motivations were just too similar to Nero from the first movie.

It was enjoyable, looked nice but ultimately it was average compared to the two that preceded it.