• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tarantino's Star Trek

96 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, reddwarf666222 said:

I can't think of a better person to write and direct a Star Trek film. Besides we could get Kill Bill 3 and 4 featuring William Shatner.

I have to disagree. If there is anyone that will work hard to insert more foul language in a film just for sport, they found their man. They need someone that can really make these characters and their adventures well worth continuing. Not a redo of historic events just so Tarantino can put his spin on it - with 'mother*&#$@+' for icing on the cake.

52 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I have to agree with what has been said. Tarantino movies have their niche BUT for Star Trek he is just the completely wrong director.

And JJ Abrams was the right one?

Edited by Logan510

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I have to disagree. If there is anyone that will work hard to insert more foul language in a film just for sport, they found their man. They need someone that can really make these characters and their adventures well worth continuing. Not a redo of historic events just so Tarantino can put his spin on it - with 'mother*&#$@+' for icing on the cake.

Sam Jackson as Captain Jules Winnfield......"Klingon, Muthaf#@#er....do you speak it!?"

How's he supposed to get phasers to work with supersized blood squibs anyway? 

Edited by comix4fun

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

Sam Jackson as Captain Jules Winnfield......"Klingon, Muthaf#@#er....do you speak it!?"

How's he supposed to get phasers to work with supersized blood squibs anyway? 

ROFL

Just now, grebal said:

Probably yes for fans of lens flares.  ; )

He's the guy who said "this isn't your fathers Star Trek".

The same people who are poo pooing Tarantino as director of Star Trek have no issue with 6'2 pretty boy Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine and love him in the role. It's a joke.

1 hour ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Exactly. Take out the foul language and excessive gore and Tarantino doesn't exist. 

Totally disagree. He's an amazing storyteller. I do agree, however, that the gratuitous gore and constant foul language are a distraction. 

That being said, I can't imagine him involved with a Star Trek film. Not his style. 

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Didn't say that.

If I had to pick a director I would like to see Nolan do a Star Trek film.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and not assume he'll turn it into Pulp Fiction in space.

1 minute ago, newshane said:

Totally disagree. He's an amazing storyteller. I do agree, however, that the gratuitous gore and constant foul language are a distraction. 

That being said, I can't imagine him involved with a Star Trek film. Not his style. 

I know right? Can you imagine that the guy who directed E.T. is doing Schindler's List? It'll never work.

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I know right? Can you imagine that the guy who directed E.T. is doing Schindler's List? It'll never work.

A popular example (not director obviously) was Mike "Mr. Mom" Keaton as the Batman.

And personally I found Snyder's gratuitous gore in Watchmen excessive, but loved the source material so much found a way to get by it.

Edited by grebal
The point is- many telented people have a range that's not alway obvious.