• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is comic "pressing"?

103 posts in this topic

Maybe you could gather up all of the questions you have right now and put them into one thread, instead of starting a new thread on each of them.

Maybe you could gather up all of the questions you have right now and put them into one thread, instead of starting a new thread on each of them.

Maybe you should stop bothering other members... poke2.gif

in short, it is flattening a book in an attempt to remove non-color breaking creases indentations, waives...

a variety of methods are used to "press" a book. i'm no expert, but i'm sure others can provide more details.

btw, if you run a search on these forums, you will find that this has been discussed ad nauseum.

same thing as a pressed comic... gossip.gif

same thing as a pressed comic... gossip.gif

poke2.gif

grin.gif

Eat me.

Eat me.

I'll pass. crazy.gif

BTW, I have confirmed that Chris Friessen (sp?) has set up a pressing operation. He is right down the hallway from CGC. However, the operation is not under the legal rubric of CGC, but of CGC's parent corporation.

No further details known at this time.

BTW, I have confirmed that Chris Friessen (sp?) has set up a pressing operation. He is right down the hallway from CGC. However, the operation is not under the legal rubric of CGC, but of CGC's parent corporation.

Henry Ford would have been proud...................

I heard through the grapevine that it was only available to dealers.

Is he still on staff at CGC?

Hey, I thought I confirmed it poke2.gifflowerred.gif

If he's going to press books, why not have him do the restoration removal service that was originally bandied about a few years back? That is actually something I personally would have absolutely no problem with.

Amazing. Chris of course should be free to pursue whatever business he wishes to and would probably be successful regardless of where and with whom he set up shop.

But why CGC's parent company feels compelled to bankroll him and make his business either a sister company of CGC or at the very least an affiliate of CGC is beyond me. In a certification business, appearances are everything, and the appearance here stinks! It's like a holding company that makes safes on the one hand and makes safe-breaking equipment on the other hand.