• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic values
2 2

57 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Ok. I'm not sure if GPA tracks Heritage/comicconnect however. I don't think they cherry pick. 

On a different note would you happen to know if a buyer can submit a sale to GPA? I bought a book recently on Amazon & would like to report it to them

They track Heritage.  Don't believe they track comiclink.

I don't think GPA would accept data from a buyer but you can certainly contact GPA and ask.  I'm guessing GPA doesn't track sales from Amazon or Facebook.

Thought I should also mention that GPA won't record a sale if it's obvious the auction has been shilled.

6 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I don't think GPA would accept data from a buyer but you can certainly contact GPA and ask.  I'm guessing GPA doesn't track sales from Amazon or Facebook.

Thought I should also mention that GPA won't record a sale if it's obvious the auction has been shilled.

Ok it's comicconnect however not comiclink. Don't believe c-link lists books that were sold in their site though I could be wrong on that.

Contacted GPA on the book (ASM 148) & never got a response. Oh well, I gave it a shot

3 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Ok it's comicconnect however not comiclink. Don't believe c-link lists books that were sold in their site though I could be wrong on that.

Contacted GPA on the book (ASM 148) & never got a response. Oh well, I gave it a shot

There would be know way to verify the legitimacy of an independent sale.

9 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

It’s difficult looking up book values on GPA

18 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I bought it from Titan comics through Amazon. Gave them all the relevant transaction information. No reason why they can't verify

Titan Comics in Dallas, TX?

33 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I bought it from Titan comics through Amazon. Gave them all the relevant transaction information. No reason why they can't verify

Right, but I don't think that is how they process data. I would assume they have aggregators. They don't have one person punching in every sale price from eBay and auction houses.

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Right, but I don't think that is how they process data. I would assume they have aggregators. They don't have one person punching in every sale price from eBay and auction houses.

Exactly.   Imagine having to call various resellers to verify prices for books they've sold so that it can be entered into a database.  That would be insane. 

25 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yes them

Interesting lolthat's my LCS.... I didn't realize they sold on Amazon. I'll have to look them up and see if what's online is available in store. They seem to have fair pricing. How do you compare their grading?

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Interesting lolthat's my LCS.... I didn't realize they sold on Amazon. I'll have to look them up and see if what's online is available in store. They seem to have fair pricing. How do you compare their grading?

Well it was just on a whim I decided to search Amazon for that book since after searching forever I couldn't find it anywhere in a 9.6 cgc (non signed). Low & behold there it was! It was a pretty fair price definitely within range. I searched their eBay & Amazon stores & the one I bought was probably the only cgc bronze age book they had.

Don't know how to compare their grading since I mostly buy cgc cbcs & almost never raw books

Edited by MGsimba77

On 12/15/2017 at 10:52 AM, bc said:

Well you can look here and see what the number equates to a grade:

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading-scale/

So a "7.0" would be a Fine/Very Fine

Haven't bought an Overstreet in years, but the older ones I have break down values by Fine (6.0) and Very Fine (8.0). So a 7.0 would be in the middle of that range.

Then you can search eBay for something like "amazing spiderman 51" and see what a Fine/Very Fine or a 7.0 is going for.

GPA is a paid service that shows the value of slabbed books from certain web sites:

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/

Also watch auction closes on ComicLink.com and Comicconnect.com, mycomicshop.com and the sales threads on the boards.

Good Luck!

-bc

I just subscribed to GPA, how do you look up what books are worth?

On 12/18/2017 at 8:04 PM, 1Cool said:

Hit the analyze price button (upper right corner).  Pretty simple once you go in there.

When I hit the analyze price button the search bar comes up. Then I search for amazing Spider-Man and it returns a bunch of amazing Spider-Man titles and the year but no issue numbers.  What the heck?

16 minutes ago, Yodisd said:

When I hit the analyze price button the search bar comes up. Then I search for amazing Spider-Man and it returns a bunch of amazing Spider-Man titles and the year but no issue numbers.  What the heck?

You have to pick the title you want. There are a ton of titles with that name. The main run is under: Amazing Spider-Man, The (1963) 

Edited by october

21 hours ago, Yodisd said:

Click the Spider-man title you want and you'll go to a list of the issues within that title.   Click the issue # you want to look up and you'll get data by year.  If you click any year you'll get all the recorded sales for that year. 

You can reduce the number of search results by adding the year the first issue was published - eg Spider-man 1963.   You can also save a search by clicking 'Add this title to my titles' which is displayed at the top right of a search result.