• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern DC desirable?

34 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, faster friends said:

These are 6 or 7 years old and no I don’t currently read moderns.

also I have been out of the loop for the better part of 2 years with life issues. Just now getting back into it.

And yes I am a Silver/Bronze Age DC collector.

No mystery really, just wondering if there is damand for these moderns so I came to the modern forum to ask the community “experts” before I started my own research.

also my LCS owner where is used to go passed away 2 years ago and I have not found another shop.

I hope that clears it up for everyone. 

This is a community as you will see. Seems the people with questions about my ask are all newbies

I am not sure why all questions which have nothing to do with my ask?

Flashpoint 1-5

Flashpoint Reverse Flash One Shot

Flashpoint Batman Knight of Vengeance 1-3

Blackest Night Wonder Woman 1-3

Blackest Night Flash 1-3

Are all worth listing on ebay.

Brightest Day is a zero unless you have some of the variants.

9 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Ok.  Understood.  You don't get 12K + posts without being around the block a few times, but I get it. 

Honestly, I see many of these in the dollar bins at my various LCS shops.   Hope that helps. 

$1 each would be nice. I am a terrible speculater though and I would be surpised if I got $50 for the entire lot. Which makes it not really worth the time and effort to list them. I think I did try to read some of them years ago but as someone said, very confusing.

Edited by faster friends

13 minutes ago, faster friends said:

$1 each would be nice. I am a terrible speculater though and I would be surpised if I got $50 for the entire lot. Which makes it not really worth the time and effort to list them. I think I did try to read some of them years ago but as someone said, very confusing.

On a good day you can get $50 just for the Flashpoint series.

Just chiming in to echo that yes, the Flashpoint sets are worth selling, and I'd think Blackest Night would do pretty well as a set also. I don't think I've ever owned or sold the Brightest Day stuff, so I couldn't say about that. And to the bozos giving you heat about how you store your comics, tell 'em to buzz off. They're your books, you don't owe anybody an explanation.

10 hours ago, darkstar said:

Flashpoint 1-5

Flashpoint Reverse Flash One Shot

Flashpoint Batman Knight of Vengeance 1-3

Blackest Night Wonder Woman 1-3

Blackest Night Flash 1-3

Are all worth listing on ebay.

Brightest Day is a zero unless you have some of the variants.

Correct.. forgot about Flashpoint Batman Knight of Vengeance 1-3 (thumbsu

17 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Correct.. forgot about Flashpoint Batman Knight of Vengeance 1-3 (thumbsu

No variants but I have all the others you listed. Maybe I will give eBay a shot.Not my favorite venue but I know DC’s are a dud here.

Thanks for the input everyone. I knew you guys would have info! (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Michael Browning said:

See if webuycomics.com is buying these. I know they were paying a hefty fee for some of the Flashpoint issues just recently, because I sold most of mine to them and made a little extra cash.

That's My Comic Shop.

14 hours ago, ygogolak said:

That's My Comic Shop.

Yes, I know. I have been dealing with Lone Star Comics, or rather Mycomicshop.com, for years. I used to actually write some of their captions for the comics when they were doing their big website update. Webuycomics.com is just the direct link to their buying site.

I stopped reading DC when Flash set off Flashpoint (my jumping off point before new 52) so I'm no help there.

Blackest Night was well received at my LCS, and Geoff Johns' Green Lantern was the store's best selling title for a good while.  I didn't read the main series, but very much liked the JSA mini, and the Starman one-shot with Shade.  I find the toughest one to get is Wonder Woman, still haven't seen a set for sale locally.

I bought Brightest Day out of dollar bins.  Well done, but people saw it coming.

1 hour ago, paul747 said:

Can someone give a synopsis on DC metal?  Is this worth a read?  what are the key books or new characters?:ohnoez:  seems confusing.

My understanding is that Snyder is really pulling out all guns to solidify the Batman mythos.  Bruce Wayne (Batman) has no powers so why is he so important to the DC universe? Besides being rich and being one of the greatest detective it turns out he is about to be an unwilling avatar to an evil powerful being from the dark multiverse. The only way to gain access to and from the dark multiverse is through vibrations emitted by Nth metal. Yeah, that metal that's associated with Hawkman. There are 5 divine metals that are in tune with the dark multiverse. It's those metals and a human conduit that will allow the dark multiverse ruler access to the rest of the multiverse. The evil being's name is Barbatos. He has an army of dark multiverse Batman-like characters serving as his generals. Its not actually the Batman aspect that attracts Barbatos, its the name "Wayne" which has a root origin in the word "wagon" as in a vessel or transport for Barbatos. Hawkman, the Challengers of the Unknown and some other JLA members ripped a hole open to the dark multiverse using Nth metal which let in Barbatos' dark Batman army. That's where all the stories stem from. Batman is hiding from everyone because Barbatos wants him for some reason yet Kendra(Lady Blackhawk) and the Blackhawks in turn want to capture him to keep him away from Barbatos.

It's basically a "Crisis" story with all the multiverse heroes battling the dark multiverse versions of Bruce Wayne. Yes, its pretty good but it is complicated. Batman who Laughs with his Damien "Crows" is the breakaway character along with the Red Death, Dawnbreaker, Batman the Drowned, Batman the Merciless and Batman the Devastator. The one shot metal tie-ins first prints of each of those characters along with the Gotham Resistance Metal tie-ins( Teen Titans 12, Green Arrow 32 , Nightwing 29 & Suicide Squad 26) plus Dark Days : The Casting and Dark Nights Metal #2 are the key books in the series.