• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to an eBay Sale...

27 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Lucky Baru said:

lol  No, but there were all sorts of crumbs in the box and grease stains.

:facepalm:

A few years ago I was reading a  Many Ghosts of Dr Graves comic and a piece of dried,late seventies(I think) pepperoni fell out of the comic.Nice circle shaped grease stain on four pages! lol 

4 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

:facepalm:

A few years ago I was reading a  Many Ghosts of Dr Graves comic and a piece of dried,late seventies(I think) pepperoni fell out of the comic.Nice circle shaped grease stain on four pages! lol 

(worship) How old was the pepperoni?

2 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

(worship) How old was the pepperoni?

It was issue 63 so i'm guessing it was put there around the time the book came out...so 1978?Pepperoni aside,the comic was in great shape ,vf.

I did NOT eat it.I thought about it for a second.... lol 

I bought a VF copy of Kaluta's Shadow #1. They just mailed it in a manila envelope. No cardboard. No backing board. Not even a poly bag. Just threw it in the manila envelope.

Miraculously, it arrived relatively unscathed.  

Not really strange ebay encounter but a rather crossing one; I received my Hulk #181 CGC graded slab in just plain plastic mail wrap and one layer of bubble wrap with no cardboard protection. Needless to say, multiple cracks were found on the slab.

Why on earth would anyone send such a key book in  just plain plastic envelop?