• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to an eBay Sale...

27 posts in this topic

Share your funny, strange, etc. eBay stories. Here are a few recent ones;

Mailed a comic out in my usual cardboard sandwich, received a note from the buyer - Hi, I received the parcel, and I separated the pieces of cardboard, but there's no book inside. Me - check the two halves of cardboard again, it's in one of them. Buyer - Oh, there it is. I guess I didn't split it in the center, thanks! 

Mailed out a set of comics, two comics per bag and board which is my usual shipping method. Buyer - Hi, I received the parcel but I only got issues 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9; Me - check the backs of the comic bags for the even ones. Buyer - all good, thanks. I've never seen anyone do it that way before!

Not an ebay sale but I had a well known forumite send me an empty box in lieu of an Avengers 4.

The situation worked itself out.

Another time, I was expecting four books from another member. Received two. Called and left a message with his wife. Turned out he had enclosed a check for the two missing books. 

4 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Bought a Church slab via the Boards.  The seller shipping using the box-within-a-box method, except the inner box had no packaging, allowing the slab to bounce around in the inner box.

There is no shortage of clueless packers out there, who are ready to blame the post office instead of their own careless, physics-ignoring, packaging.

48 minutes ago, NoFunComics said:

Did you send it back?

you quoted the wrong person..... it was @jcjames who received it, I'm sure it all worked out though:foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

This one comes to mind.

Bought a complete run of Sandman off Ebay that was advertised as NM+.

The books arrived some bagged and boarded, most just bagged and then packed with packing peanuts. The books could move around and the packing peanuts got crushed and broken so there was tons of little pieces of foam all over the place and all static clingy. Little bits of foam inside the comic bags that were not taped shut.

002_zps155b834f.jpg

004_zpsce1b5e76.jpg

19 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Share your funny, strange, etc. eBay stories. Here are a few recent ones;

Mailed a comic out in my usual cardboard sandwich, received a note from the buyer - Hi, I received the parcel, and I separated the pieces of cardboard, but there's no book inside. Me - check the two halves of cardboard again, it's in one of them. Buyer - Oh, there it is. I guess I didn't split it in the center, thanks!

:roflmao::roflmao:

7 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

I had someone ship an item in a used pizza box.  It was a nasty unpleasant surprise to open.  They got mad when the feedback I left reflected it.O.o

could you identify what the toppings were by leftovers and smell?