• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ART DAY! Star Wars Return of the Jedi commission painting by Dave Dorman!
1 1

6 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Madman1138 said:

This piece is my one and only commission of 2017 and it has been a long time coming. I am so glad it was finished before the end of the year so I can share it as one of my 5 Best Of pieces for 2017!

I have always wanted a Star Wars cover painting by Dave Dorman since he did all the great Star Wars covers back in the day for Dark Horse. But I decided I wanted to get a specific piece done just for me involving the epic Return of the Jedi climax lightsaber battle between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader in the Emperor's chamber instead. That moment in that film was huge to me as a child, and I have always wanted to see his take on it and this came out so much better than I even thought it would. I don't commission large pieces very often, but for some painters I just have to and now I can finally check Dorman off my list. This is even better than many covers he's done and I am in love! 

Shout out to my buddy Ari for middle-manning the entire deal and having to be my point of contact for a commission that went WAY over time. It was supposed to be done within a month and was paid for in Feb. So ultimately it took 10 months, but in the long run I am still very happy with the finished product. But it is a main reason why I don't commission expensive pieces often. But I am blown away by it, and that is what truly matters in the end.

I have a nice hi-res scan up on my CAF as well. http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1442780 

Thanks for looking!

Dave K

25627435_10156831574824338_1755602994_n.jpg

That is stunning!