• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] DETECTIVE COMICS #187 (TWO-FACE COVER) FOR SALE (SLIGHTLY BETTER PHOTOS)

11 posts in this topic

I'm giving Board members a shot at this book first.  This is a solid lower/mid grade totally unrestored and un-pressed copy of the rarest Two-Face Detective Comics cover.  This book lays flat, has nice colors, and some gloss still remains.  It has no real creasing to speak of.  Spine is intact and solid.  Staples and centerfold all attached.  As seen in the photo, the book just has general wear and age to it, plus a small piece  out of the bottom edge of the left front cover and a tiny piece missing at the bottom staple's bottom prong.  Pages are as seen in photo (cream to off-white?).  Note: I took the photos with my iPhone and the lighting wasn't great.  Asking $725 + shipping fees.  The first "I'll Take It" (or similar definitive statement) on this thread wins this book.  Note: in case I don't get back to you right away, I'm going to be out for the next few hours.  Thanks very much for looking!

NOTE: Some folks asked for better photos, so I've taken more (again, with iPhone) and posted below.  Thanks for the inquiries!

Peter       

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3231.JPG

IMG_3232.JPG

IMG_3233.JPG

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3239.JPG

Edited by LearnedHand

Here are some more photos with a little better lighting.  Contrary to the photos in my OP, the colors are vibrant and not at all washed out.  I also added unclose photos of the centerfold for PQ and because a few folks asked me if there was staple rust - as you can see there is zero rust - staples are very solid.  

Thanks again for the inquiries and hope this helps.

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

IMG_3244.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG

IMG_3246.JPG

This book is now SOLD.   Thanks to everyone for the PMs, the emails, all the interest, and the kind comments about this copy.  

Thought I had a lot as I own 4 - but after seeing that photo above :whatthe:  I now feel like a pauper!