• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Dark Horse Comics in trouble now Disney has bought Fox?
1 1

24 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

The last Conan that made the sales charts it was ranked below 250. Dark Horse has some good titles, they are just not picked up by the masses. Much like any other publisher besides the Big 2. Ever read Lady Killer?

I like Joelle Jones, but the idea behind Lady Killer didn't thrill me. Something off putting about the first cover for some reason. If you're recommending it, perhaps I'll give it a shot.

15 minutes ago, Reno McCoy said:

I like Joelle Jones, but the idea behind Lady Killer didn't thrill me. Something off putting about the first cover for some reason. If you're recommending it, perhaps I'll give it a shot.

I liked it. The first vol. is only 5 issues.

On 12/28/2017 at 2:01 PM, Comicdey said:

I’m curious when the regulators will step in and break up this monopoly ? of creative characters.   They broke up “the”phone company  ?

This is going to be interesting. It's questionable whether they will allow it to happen or not at this point but this is a mega monopoly at this point.

DH will presumably continue to hang on to the Mignola-verse, and they also seem to do a lot of business with manga, and merchandising (game of thrones, video game tchotckes, etc.) I think they have enough properties to stay afloat. They've been doing this for a long time now, they know what's up.