• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Since Mr. Berk has left the hobby, what's the hierarchy....
2 2

47 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, twmjr1 said:

MANY people have complete Marvel collections  from FF 1 at least through the copper age. Heck, I have a Marvel collection  with all runs complete from the pre-FF 1 Kirby monster books-up, only excluding the Millie/romance books and about 30% of the books from 1990-present, which I just don't have interest in. That ain't special, just space-consuming in the extreme. On the other hand, someone having all the Timely/Atlas books from Marvel 1 up to FF 1 would be incredible.

By the late 1970's, George Olshevsky had completed his Timely collection after assembling a (then) easier modern Marvel collection with FF1 and up. I do know he had all the pre-Marvel runs like TOS but I don't know if his Atlas collection was complete with titles like Buck Duck and Wendy Parker. I'm sure an old skool boardie would know...

I DO know that I never got to see any Chicago pedigree Timelys even though I shopped with Joe Sarno at his Nostalgia Shop and Comic Kingdom: George got first crack at them. It's possible some other book residing in one of my dusty boxes is from a less desirable run contained in the same pedigree, but that doesn't stop dreams of 9.4 Young Allies from dancing around in my head. (Sigh) If only!!! :cloud9:

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

It would an epic feat particularly if you include all the romance, teen humor, and horror/sci-fi books.  

It's always the non-mainstream titles that make such a feat difficult.  Also give-aways and issues that were never sold to the general public.  In my mind, that's what made Ian's feat so impressive.  It would never have even occurred to me to include those types of books.

2 minutes ago, tth2 said:

I'm really confused now--are we talking about Bangzoom's thread and images from his collection, or are we talking about Jon Berk?

I just saved images I found in the Bangzoom thread. So there was some crossover talking about Berk.

Edited by 01TheDude

1 hour ago, tth2 said:
11 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

It would an epic feat particularly if you include all the romance, teen humor, and horror/sci-fi books.  

It's always the non-mainstream titles that make such a feat difficult.  Also give-aways and issues that were never sold to the general public.  In my mind, that's what made Ian's feat so impressive.  It would never have even occurred to me to include those types of books.

... to this day, I still stumble across D.C. titles that I didn't even know existed ..... so even producing a viable game plan is impressive, much more actually taking it across the goal line. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12