• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 15 reprint bid up to $800? Ebay seller j_stre5
2 2

41 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, s14roller said:

Lol...and that grading company non-the-less...!

And "SOLD AS IS" doesn't fly on eBay. Unless their policy has recently changed, any and all items sold through ebay and/or paypal are subject to return/buyer protection whether "SOLD AS IS" is stated as a condition of sale by the seller or not. That still holds true, right?

45 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's a Fantacy!!!

And the seller's Ebay shill account (Feedback = 0 yet 100% bid activity with this seller), a recent signup, kept pushing up what's probably a legitimate bidder and winner <who doesn't know any better> (Feedback = 4, 10% activity with this seller). (tsk)

If they paid with Paypal they should file a claim there.

$800 is a lot of money to throw away.  I love the NOT FOR RESALE printed right on the cover.  Might be able to argue this was an illegal auction to begin with, although stupidity is not a crime.

Edited by AndyFish

37 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Doesn't ebay have a 12/24 hour period to cancel your winning an item now - cancel your order? (legitimizing buyer's remorse).  That could have changed once they paid.

I find it hard to believe that ebay refused a return on this. It is far more likely that the seller told the buyer he would not hon or the return and that the buyer was unaware of his rights and accepted that. I have played that bluff once or twice as a seller myself for those outrageous return claims that occasionally pop up (I accept returns for no reason so better to be quiet than expose oneself for a fool).

54 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

The Neg was left Dec 30th I think from someone else ? This item sold Jan 1st after the Neg.