• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B&B 28 - Grade please

11 posts in this topic

book has a 2 1/2 to 3" tear on right edge almost tearing wonder woman off, also first page has 1" tear and 4" crease. I would appreciate grades and opinions on slabbing as is or having the tear fixed and getting a PLOD.

BB28.jpg

BB28back.jpg

here's a pic of the tear, wonder woman is only hanging on by less than an inch

BB28tear.jpg

Given how close WW is to falling off, I would restore this book. A tear seal along with a clean and press would really brighten it and enhance eye appeal. You could have a much better looking book for $150 or so.

In lower grades such as this, a slightly restored book doesn't have the extreme negative effect that it does in higher grades.

thumbsup2.gifhi.gif

Given how close WW is to falling off, I would restore this book. A tear seal along with a clean and press would really brighten it and enhance eye appeal. You could have a much better looking book for $150 or so.

In lower grades such as this, a slightly restored book doesn't have the extreme negative effect that it does in higher grades.

thumbsup2.gifhi.gif

i think these are good points and tend to agree that a little mending and cleaning would make for a much more presentable copy of one of DC's truly KEY books of the Silver Age....... thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifhi.gif

I agree completely.

thumbsup2.gifhi.gif

I agree completely.

Looks like the "dumpster" pedigree . . . grin.gif

Looks like the "dumpster" pedigree . . . grin.gif

Not nice! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'd take it. grin.gif

Structurally, it looks very sound and the PQ is decent. I'd bet it would clean up VERY nicely with slight resto.

Actually, it's a compliment and a private joke (which you couldn't have got) grin.gif