• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History of Northland Pedigree???
1 1

17 posts in this topic

I have Journey into Mystery #1 CGC 9.4 Northland and I think two others, but I have to check...

I have too many comics...

I am thinking of buying a Combat Kelly #1 CGC 9.4 Northland Pedigree for $100 as well-is this a good idea??

The only thing I know is that Mike Goldman of Motor City Comics bought the collection in portions over a period of time - maybe there's something on his website about it.......

The original owner still has a lot of comics left. According to Michael Goldman, the owner was unemployed for a while and sold off bits and pieces. Now the guy is employed and not selling anymore...for a while at least. I was talking to Michael Goldman about this topic on Saturday night.

Joe

Hey guys,

I have a few slabbed books from the Northland Pedigree collection. Anyone know the history of this collection? If I'm going to own them, I would like to know its origin! Thanks again-guys!

Hello.

I am not sure if you have seen these before but here is a picture of one of the Northland Certificates.

CGC actually graded this book as 9.4 NM.

Aussie Russ...

834202-BrotherPower94NorthlandCert001.jpg

834202-BrotherPower94NorthlandCert001.jpg.79fd47c29a23ce3e42ac102238f1e96c.jpg

Edited by AussieRuss

Hey guys,

I have a few slabbed books from the Northland Pedigree collection. Anyone know the history of this collection? If I'm going to own them, I would like to know its origin! Thanks again-guys!

Hello.

I am not sure if you have seen these before but here is a picture of one of the Northland Certificates. CGC actually graded this book as 9.4 NM.

I have a couple Northland books as well. thumbsup2.gif

Edited by deathlok

Hey deathlok.

Your quick. I didn't even have time to paste my picture and you did it for me.....

Feel free to fly over to Aus an wash the car for me if you want. I was going to do it later today. stooges.gif27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I saw your post without the image and thought you weren't going to post it. Then after I posted it, I changed my post.

It's all good. Lot more lively here than over at Pedigreecomics forums huh?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I saw your post without the image and thought you weren't going to post it. Then after I posted it, I changed my post.

It's all good. Lot more lively here than over at Pedigreecomics forums huh?

Geee.... You don't miss a thing do you.. 893applaud-thumb.gif

And to think that it only took me 2 years to finally become aware of this forum. foreheadslap.gif

I actually enjoyed reading your posts over there concerning some of the pedigrees. However, because of the lack of posts, a true discussion is difficult to achieve.

Do you have a lot of pedigree books?

Hello Deathlok.

I have around 40-60 at the moment. I have only been seriously collecting for about 2 years now. However They are all #1's.. I only really collect first issues for now. Except for Golden Age Blackhawk comics. I am very slowly putting together a mid grade CGC run of both Pedigree and Non Pedigree books of this title.

This will make you laugh..... The full run that I do have is of the 1994 X-files comics. I have every special edition and variant cover plus about 100 different signed copies.

I also have Full runs of the Australian Price variant Copies.

I had to start collecting somewhere didn't I. insane.gif

Its a long road and I never seem to have enough of this funny stuff called money to swap for peoples comics. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you got to the "Post your newest Pedigree's" thread in the Comics General forum I have most of them scanned.

I have not posted any of my Winnipeg's or Pacific Coast scans books as yet.

Regards,

Aussie Russ.

The only thing I know is that Mike Goldman of Motor City Comics bought the collection in portions over a period of time - maybe there's something on his website about it.......

The original owner still has a lot of comics left. According to Michael Goldman, the owner was unemployed for a while and sold off bits and pieces. Now the guy is employed and not selling anymore...for a while at least. I was talking to Michael Goldman about this topic on Saturday night.

Joe

Mike Goldman said as much to me as well. There is an unincorporated area in Southfield, MI referred to as Northland. I assume the owner lives there as Motor City comics would just be a few minutes away.

Pete