• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

I think the movies in this phase are all being made because there was no real plan after Avengers End Game. If the fox deal would have been in place these movies would have never seen the light of day. 

They are trying to connect dots with no connection.

no one cares for BW, Shang Chi or Eternals.

Disney bit more than they could chew. If this was Avengers ETC it would have done better.

sure these characters have fans but no fanbase of significance

Marvel will bounce back when FF and X-Men roll out

On 7/19/2021 at 12:36 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I think the movies in this phase are all being made because there was no real plan after Avengers End Game. If the fox deal would have been in place these movies would have never seen the light of day. 

Disney bit more than they could chew. If this was Avengers ETC it would have done better.

Agreed, I think Eternals and Shang Chi look terrible, I hope I am pleasantly surprised though. 

However, I really did enjoy Black Widow, I am a sucker for assassin movies.  

On 7/19/2021 at 10:38 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

I guess theater owners have no conscience about the fact we're still in a pandemic and that the Coronovirus is suddenly kinda back with vengaence? News flash theater owners, Disney made the right and responsible choice giving movie fans the option of watching Black Widow premiere at home. They no doubt saved a few lives with this new Delta coronavirus that's hitting the stands now.

I don't think a systematic change is coming. As much as BW made off its Disney+ premiere, I doubt day and date streaming is the way of the future. Especially for Marvel's space and multiverse movies that are soon arriving, Disney and other studios don't want to give up the impact of the theater experience. Again, we are still in a pandemic. One day, the Delta virus will also be behind us (after it's infected every person refusing to get the vaccine and/or converts the rest). Combine that with studios going full theater premiere at the end of the year and next year should be a different story.

So Delta virus is going to only infect all the un-vaccinated people in USA? Everyone who got the vaccine will be protected fully?

On 7/19/2021 at 3:59 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

So Delta virus is going to only infect all the un-vaccinated people in USA? Everyone who got the vaccine will be protected fully?

News this morning was 95% of those impacted by the delta variant were non-vaccinated.

On 7/19/2021 at 1:02 PM, Bosco685 said:

News this morning was 95% of those impacted by the delta variant were non-vaccinated.

I heard the Southwest variant is coming through the friendly skys this fall! :fear:

On 7/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Was Olga Kurylenko (Taskmaster) head super imposed on a dudes body?  I heard that on a couple of podcasts but wasn't sure if true. If so then she really wasn't the actor/actress playing taskmaster i.e. doing all the action scenes? If true who was?

I recall last year there was a specific black actor or stuntman who was leaked to be playing Taskmaster, and people speculated he may have been the actor instead of the stunt man.

Does anyone know who her stunt doubles were?  I'd have to see the stunt doubles next to Olga Kurylenko to have much opinion, because Olga herself is as tall or taller than most men.  She's relatively thin, but the suit was loose and armored enough for me to not have much feel for the person's bulk inside of it beyond I could tell they were at maximum average build for their height and not terribly bulky.  Who knows, maybe her doubles be they male or female were similar in size and body to her at 5' 9", because it didn't look like there was someone in the suit in excess of 180 pounds.  She's probably 120 to 130, but that suit definitely hid a lot of weight that either was or wasn't there.

For anyone unfamiliar with the actress I know her best for playing the female lead in the James Bond film Quantum of Solace.  Here she is below next to Daniel Craig while promoting that film.

uVHUCUNCHV6U8tOFlrvRxID_9GALTQNqRmHgNNAH

Edited by fantastic_four

On 7/19/2021 at 3:36 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I think you're wrong on some points.

I mean, when we first saw Thanos in the Avengers end credits scene, Marvel Studios didn't have the scripts for Infinity War and Endgame already written and waiting. The character Death is even referenced but never heard of again. Based on what Feige has said in past interviews, it seems Marvel Studios has a general idea of where they want to go but then make it up as they go along.

Marvel Studios has been laying down the pieces for a Multiversal War/Secret Wars(the J. Hickman storyline) like scenario since Dr Strange and Ant-Man when they introduced the Multiverse and the Quantum Realm. The scenario of Endgame also sets up for a Multiverse War and the last episode of Loki almost clinches it. Then you look at the alleged Multiverse themes of Spider-Man and Dr. Strange whose titles were decided a couple years ago and it's clear that Marvel has been planning a major event involving the Multiverse for a while and that event points to Secret Wars (again, the J. Hickman version).

As for X-Men, regardless when a deal would have been made, it's almost common sense that one would wait on introducing the MCU's X-Folks being that we're still not that far removed from the slow trainwreck of the FoX-Men Universe. And we all know Fantastic Four is no sure thing.

I think the sure thing is Marvel Studios continuing to develop properties that nobody's heard of before and turning them into gold.

I think Black Widow made a big mistake releasing the movie for streaming so quickly. It greatly adds to the Five Finger discounts.

I know two hardcore MCU friends of mine watched the movie for free instead of going to the movies because it was so easy to grab.

I've never seen a movie so easy to free stream. But I wanted to enjoy it on the big screen with choice seats. Last couple movies I've seen, almost no one was there. 

Samba TV has provided an update on the number of U.S. Smart TV terrestrial households which have tuned into Disney+ Premier’s Black Widow with a running cumulative U.S. household viewership of 2 million.

Last weekend, Samba TV reported that 1.1M U.S. households bought Black Widow in its first weekend. That means an additional 900K households bought the Scarlett Johansson film from Monday, July 12 through the pic’s second weekend ending July 18.

I've got friends and family accessing my Disney Plus account from four different states which they could easily prevent but don't, so that $30 could be used by far more than one family.  But I went to the theater to see it this past Saturday, and wow, that 20 screen complex had about a fifth the cars in the lot it used to pre-Covid.  People just aren't going to the movies again yet.

On 7/19/2021 at 4:55 PM, paperheart said:

Samba TV has provided an update on the number of U.S. Smart TV terrestrial households which have tuned into Disney+ Premier’s Black Widow with a running cumulative U.S. household viewership of 2 million.

Last weekend, Samba TV reported that 1.1M U.S. households bought Black Widow in its first weekend. That means an additional 900K households bought the Scarlett Johansson film from Monday, July 12 through the pic’s second weekend ending July 18.

Is there reason to trust their numbers?  They HAVE to be estimates.

On 7/19/2021 at 3:59 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

The Delta virus for the most part is infecting people who are unvaccinated. There have been a few breaththrough cases of vaccinated folks still catching the virus but showing little to no symptoms. I personally know a couple people who got the Delta. They were unvaccinated and nearly died but look to be making a recovery now. One spent a week and a half in the ICU.

On 7/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, Rip said:

I think Black Widow made a big mistake releasing the movie for streaming so quickly. It greatly adds to the Five Finger discounts.

I know two hardcore MCU friends of mine watched the movie for free instead of going to the movies because it was so easy to grab.

I've never seen a movie so easy to free stream. But I wanted to enjoy it on the big screen with choice seats. Last couple movies I've seen, almost no one was there. 

I am sure in 2022 more people will be going.  Right now its like they cleared the shark out of the ocean and people are seeing if its safe to go back into the water.

I was actually surprised to see how many people were at my local theater.  It wasn't packed but it wasn't empty either. 

On 7/19/2021 at 1:59 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

The Delta virus for the most part is infecting people who are unvaccinated. There have been a few breaththrough cases of vaccinated folks still catching the virus but showing little to no symptoms. I personally know a couple people who got the Delta. They were unvaccinated and nearly died but look to be making a recovery now. One spent a week and a half in the ICU.

You think we will go back into lockdown in the fall/winter?

On 7/19/2021 at 2:18 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

No. But I think businesses will go back to mandatory mask policies again. Many are already.

I thought Fauci said masks really didnt work that well?  From his emails I was reading he said or something.

On 7/19/2021 at 1:38 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I guess theater owners have no conscience about the fact we're still in a pandemic and that the Coronovirus is suddenly kinda back with vengeance? News flash theater owners, Disney made the right and responsible choice giving movie fans the option of watching Black Widow premiere at home. They no doubt saved a few lives especially with this new Delta variant coronavirus that's hitting the stands now.

I don't think a systematic change is coming. As much as BW made off its Disney+ premiere, I doubt day and date streaming is the way of the future. Especially for Marvel's space and multiverse movies that are soon arriving, Disney and other studios don't want to give up the impact of the theater experience. Again, we are still in a pandemic. One day, the Delta virus will also be behind us (after it's infected every person refusing to get the vaccine and/or converts the rest). Combine that with studios going full theater premiere at the end of the year and next year should be a different story.

So now Disney is saving lives lol  good grief. 

On 7/19/2021 at 5:38 PM, bentbryan said:

So now Disney is saving lives lol  good grief. 

Your 100% right.  All Disney cares about is making money and keeping shareholders happy.  They have a slate of movies made pre-Covid, with pre Covid money calculations collecting dust, and becoming more expensive and less valuable by the day. At some point, Disney decided making something was better than making nothing so they said screw it, this is the best we are going to do.  So they decided to take the loss, but at least they recoup something.  Even if we lose money, we stand to make less money if we wait any longer.

Nothing altruistic here. I think all the movies currently slated are in trouble.  As the company adjusts to the new reality, the product they make will be adjusted also.