• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Vader: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

37 posts in this topic

This one's my favorite:

WHERE'S PADME?

That one certainly does have nice qualities... insane.gif

Anyone know the song? Sounds familiar......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Iron Maiden "Prowler"

Walking through the city, looking oh so pretty,

I've just got to find my way.

See the ladies flashing. All there legs and lashes.

thumbsup2.gif

Maiden rocks. "Live After Death", sweet album. headbang.gif

Those were the days.... cloud9.gif

This one's my favorite:

WHERE'S PADME?

Iron Maiden "Prowler"

thumbsup2.gif

I wish they would release it on DVD. It is on VHS. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This one's my favorite:

WHERE'S PADME?

Iron Maiden "Prowler"

thumbsup2.gif

Die With Your Boots On!!!!! headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

cloud9.gif

mad.gif

Chromium don't know jack but NWOBHM.

headbang.gif

up yours newbie...

it's

NWoBHM not NWOBHM poke2.gif

Bite me, ya old fogey. Go and listen to some real metal instead of that Wytchfyndyr Gynyral [#@$%!!!].

Alan flowerred.gif

Bite me, ya old fogey. Go and listen to some real metal instead of that Wytchfyndyr Gynyral [#@$%!!!].

Alan flowerred.gif

I'll let it slide this time, because you have such a cool first name...otherwise I'd be forced to b1tchslap you 893whatthe.gif

Breaking the law ! headbang.gif

Alan flowerred.gif

I'll let it slide this time, because you have such a cool first name...otherwise I'd be forced to b1tchslap you 893whatthe.gif

Breaking the law ! headbang.gif

Hah! nothing like a little PRIEST to rock the day along! headbang.gif

Alan flowerred.gif

Ewwww ... then I'd have chocolate and/or syrup all over my head. You freak, go wash your hands when you're done eating! tongue.gif

And go listen to some real metal while you're at it! You know, something like D'molls!

Rally, baby! headbang.giftongue.gif

Alan flowerred.gif

Ewwww ... then I'd have chocolate and/or syrup all over my head. You freak, go wash your hands when you're done eating! tongue.gif

And go listen to some real metal while you're at it! You know, something like D'molls!

Rally, baby! headbang.giftongue.gif

Wow! that that's a hairband...

Reminds me of Lillian Axe!

Better yet... One of the best Hair bands that I couldn't believe didn't make it to the top was

Spread Eagle!

Man, did Ray West have some serious pipes!

spea-1.jpg

cloud9.gif

Too bad Grunge wiped out about 98% of them,

that was a cool period for Rock-n-Roll...

Pretty much was it's Swan Song.

sorry.gif

Wow! that that's a hairband...

Reminds me of Lillian Axe!

Better yet... One of the best Hair bands that I couldn't believe didn't make it to the top was

Spread Eagle!

Man, did Ray West have some serious pipes!

spea-1.jpg

cloud9.gif

Too bad Grunge wiped out about 98% of them,

that was a cool period for Rock-n-Roll...

Pretty much was it's Swan Song.

sorry.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

I've lost track of how many times I saw Lillian Axe back in the day. The local metal bar, The Thirsty Whale, used to practically be their second home. Manowar, too. Not to mention all of the Chicago bands that made it big during this time -- Holland, Diamond Rexx, Radakka, and of course, E'nuff Z'nuff! Ahhh ... good times.

Spread Eagle was good ... but I preferred a little less screech on my vocals. Bands like Victory, Salty Dog, Cats 'N Boots (although their vocalist's subsequent band, Heavy Bones, remains a favorite to this day), etc. sounded more like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Give me the good old, overproduced, clean sounds of cheeze (as opposed to sleeze) metal any day! boo.gif

headbang.gif

The Thirsty Whale closed its doors didn't it?

Alan, you ever hear of a metal band called Damien Thorne? My boss back in high school was the vocalist. I know they used to play some shows in the Chicago area, but I never got a chance to see them. I would have laughed my [#@$%!!!] off. You ever go to that store called Metal Haven? I think it's on Fullerton or Belmont...

The Thirsty Whale closed its doors didn't it?

Yep, back in May of 1996. frown.gif Last show was Stonehenge and Radakka, which was a fitting bookend for me as Radakka was the first band I ever saw live there, as well. Ah, memories. There's a McDonalds / BP Amoco on the site now, like the Chicago area needed another one of those. tongue.gif At least Gene & Jude's is still next door!

Alan, you ever hear of a metal band called Damien Thorne? My boss back in high school was the vocalist. I know they used to play some shows in the Chicago area, but I never got a chance to see them. I would have laughed my [#@$%!!!] off. You ever go to that store called Metal Haven? I think it's on Fullerton or Belmont...

Damien Thorne doesn't ring a bell. But there were so damn many metal bands in the area back in the day, that you couldn't keep track of 'em all. Freshman year of high school I got into a pizzing match with a guy over who could "name the most metal bands" ... so after exhausting the national acts I knew, I went through all of my old Illinois Enterntainers and Chicago Rockers and the like pulling out local band names advertised as playing at the various metal bars in the area. When I finally stopped, my list had close to five hundred names on it. 893whatthe.gif Makes me marvel at what the LA scene was like during this time.

As for Metal Haven? Yeah, I've been there. Once. But the CD section labeled "Brutal S-893censored-thumb.gif-T" scared me too much to ever go back! blush.gifgrin.gif (Well, that and the constant ribbing I get from my death metal buddies whenever I hover over by the used record bins pulling out 80s hair metal!)

headbang.gif