• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This cover is horrible, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar!
5 5

598 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

OK.  Let's take a look at one of the most overrated ones.  Hint, where is Joker's left hip and knee?  Is this Joker or Plastic Man?

RAD489C0201819_92247.jpg

Yikes, that must hurt :eek: 

That would've been been a good addition to my old 'position impossible' thread which, alas, got pulled in its entirety by a mod with no sense of humour. Poor thread. 

But this thread is less about uncomfortable anatomy (no more Liefeld threads!) and more about horribly drawn covers. Dodgy leg aside,  the Batman cover is great!

Try again :D

3 minutes ago, JazzMan said:

Back to the topic of incredibly badly done MJs.  (hehe)  This is why I don't buy many moderns.

DSC01696.jpg

DSC01697.jpg

hm I can't make my mind up.

Meanwhile, is she levitating on that chair? 

hm

7 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Questioning The Neal, minus 20 points.....:rulez:

Indeed. That's a lovely signature line you have there by the way. Impressive in both content and symmetry :headbang:

Now, do you have a favourite horrible cover then Martin? 

3 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Indeed. That's a lovely signature line you have there by the way. Impressive in both content and symmetry :headbang:

Now, do you have a favourite horrible cover then Martin? 

Thanks! 

This is pretty much my go-to when someone says "horrible cover"....

Batman_513.jpg.49527aabb5255178c379c17faa6f9c52.jpg

Just a whole lotta bleh.

4 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Thanks! 

This is pretty much my go-to when someone says "horrible cover"....

Batman_513.jpg.49527aabb5255178c379c17faa6f9c52.jpg

Just a whole lotta bleh.

Oh dear. Have to say, I'm leaning towards full agreement with you, but there's something about that big mad eye.....hm

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

2384_20090122205814_large.jpg

Now come on Ken, we know how much you love this one already. Love it or loathe it (and I'm in the latter camp) you have to admit the artwork is extraordinarily life like. 

5 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Now come on Ken, we know how much you love this one already. Love it or loathe it (and I'm in the latter camp) you have to admit the artwork is extraordinarily life like. 

Yup.

Alex Ross always aspired to achieve the level of absolute, photographic realism you see in the painted artwork here.  It's really quite an incredible achievement.

OK,  I'm off to bed now.  I've got work tomorrow and everything. I shall dream of horrible comic covers and hope tomorrow to be horrifically surprised by the overnight offerings in my absence 

5a5d26b27c551_2017-07-0820_25_36.png.f10679117b3f747eb62cceab2a566601.png