• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Jungle Girls Appreciation Thread
4 4

181 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021 at 12:06 PM, Spyder! said:

Oh fun, a jungle girls thread!  Nice books being shared. I don’t have very many, but I do have a few.

865E6B94-85F8-42DE-9BBE-FF0B5DE8ADBB.jpeg

Wow, I'm not sure if anyone else has had this thought ... and I'm no authority on the subject, but it appears to me that your copy is signed by Jerry Iger, of Eisner & Iger fame! His real name was Samuel Maxwell Iger and the S.M. Iger on Sheena's leg could very well be his signature! He lived until 1990, so fandom was hugely established by that time and it's very likely that someone had him sign this copy at some comic event. Once again, I'm not an authority on the matter, but it seems very plausible.  hm  Oh and in case you don't already know, CGC wouldn't Signature Series this book as they didn't witness the signature. You may have a very rare autograph right there! 

On 8/21/2021 at 6:23 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Wow, I'm not sure if anyone else has had this thought ... and I'm no authority on the subject, but it appears to me that your copy is signed by Jerry Iger, of Eisner & Iger fame! His real name was Samuel Maxwell Iger and the S.M. Iger on Sheena's leg could very well be his signature! He lived until 1990, so fandom was hugely established by that time and it's very likely that someone had him sign this copy at some comic event. Once again, I'm not an authority on the matter, but it seems very plausible.  hm  Oh and in case you don't already know, CGC wouldn't Signature Series this book as they didn't witness the signature. You may have a very rare autograph right there! 

I would concur with Frisco. At one time I had a couple of books with the same signature on the splash page. Sure wish I kept them as his signature is a bit scarce now. 

Nice book!

Edited by Robot Man

On 8/21/2021 at 6:23 AM, Frisco Larson said:

On 8/21/2021 at 8:00 AM, Robot Man said:

I would concur with Frisco. At one time I had a couple of books with the same signature on the splash page. Sure wish I kept them as his signature is a bit scarce now. 

Nice book!

Thanks! Yes, the Iger sig was one of the things that was really appealing to me about this copy.  I previously owned this Iger signed copy of Fight 5 too, but sold it for some silly reason doh!

188175C1-6D13-471F-822E-286F8D0BE48A.jpeg

On 8/21/2021 at 10:25 AM, Spyder! said:

Thanks! Yes, the Iger sig was one of the things that was really appealing to me about this copy.  I previously owned this Iger signed copy of Fight 5 too, but sold it for some silly reason doh!

188175C1-6D13-471F-822E-286F8D0BE48A.jpeg

Oh ok, cool, so you know. I wasn't positive but wanted to point it out so you were aware of that possibility, especially in case you were to up grade and sell it. (thumbsu 

I'd have to be pretty desperate to sell this under appreciated copy. Better than the Jungle #88 copy cat varient which I currently have over at CGC but there's probably a better chance of my heirs  see that book before I do :pullhair:

IMG_1160.jpeg

818425.jpg

Edited by Courageous Cat