• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
3 3

219 posts in this topic

Bill Boyd Western  #1

Chips out  upper  edge  FC,  a couple more small  chips out  LH BC, general  wear. And  that  RH  edge on the FC  

is  soooo  straight  and  square that I'm  pretty  sure  it's  been  trimmed.

Nice  reader for $20

wptfe2i.jpg

The Monster  Times  24

Back  to  the great  geek  newspaper!

Page  1 has  a 3"  split  on  the  fold  RH edge,  the rest of the paper  is  solid.   This  time  the  double  page  center  spread is
Rodan  the  Flying  Monster,  in  color. 

Asking  $10  SOLD!

YUNCOtK.jpg

Edited by catrick339

GE  Adventures in Science  giveaway,   1955

"Adventures  in  Electronics"

Usual  GE  fun,  they  put  out  a   BUNCH   of  these  over  the years. 

This one has  very  minimal  wear,  and  it's  flat  and  clean and tight. 

Asking  $10

aJuc4tx.jpg

Uncle Scrooge 5

Flat  and  clean,   tight  spine  and  CF,  white  pages,  but  with  a  bit  of  general  wear,   and  two  spots  lower  LH  FC,  see  Scrooge's  behind
for  the  larger of the two.  

Nice  copy  for $30  SOLD!

37K3OHp.jpg

Edited by catrick339

6 hours ago, catrick339 said:

That's  the  way  to  do it,  folks!  Dig  through  that  recap  and find  those  bargains. 

While I  have  everyone's  attention,   I  have  a  question  for  the  crowd.   The  pieces  and  parts  that  have  accumulated
in the  basement  are  filled  to  overflowing,  I  have  over  three  stuffed  magazine  boxes  of  pieces  and  parts. 

Plenty  of  GA  and  50's  plus  nice  SA  books,   all  incomplete  in  one   way  or  another.   

Coverless,   CF  or  other  page out,    complete  cover  wraps,  front  covers  only,   bits  and  pieces  of  all  different  sorts. 

Would  anyone  be  interested  in  a  thread  of  that sort?  Everything  from  Amazing  Spider-Man 1  with  a  couple  folds  missing  but
both  first  fold  and  CF  still  there  to  a  coverless  Avengers 4  to   an early  Wonder  Comics  and   Worlds  Finest  2  complete
cover  wraps,  plus  plenty  of  other  lesser  but  interesting  oddballs.   

I'd  like  to  thin  the herd,  but  don't know  if  there's  enough  interest  to  start  a  separate  thread. 

Let me know your thoughts. 

Yes here!

41 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Walt Disney's Comics  and Stories 140

Plenty of general wear,   couple  small  stains, a couple  stacking  waves, but  tight  with offwhite pages.
And  there's  the  whole  family,  Donald  in  a  rage,  the  nephews,   and money man  Uncle  Scrooge
keeping  score!

$10 takes it. 

7D4I7qW.jpg

Take

34 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

The Monster  Times  24

Back  to  the great  geek  newspaper!

Page  1 has  a 3"  split  on  the  fold  RH edge,  the rest of the paper  is  solid.   This  time  the  double  page  center  spread is
Rodan  the  Flying  Monster,  in  color. 

Asking  $10

YUNCOtK.jpg

Take

4 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

He forgot to mention that is only the 3rd cover to feature Uncle Scrooge. 

4 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

He forgot to mention that is only the 3rd cover to feature Uncle Scrooge. 

Also,  first appearance of Gyro Gearloose by Barks...

7 hours ago, catrick339 said:

That's  the  way  to  do it,  folks!  Dig  through  that  recap  and find  those  bargains. 

While I  have  everyone's  attention,   I  have  a  question  for  the  crowd.   The  pieces  and  parts  that  have  accumulated
in the  basement  are  filled  to  overflowing,  I  have  over  three  stuffed  magazine  boxes  of  pieces  and  parts. 

Plenty  of  GA  and  50's  plus  nice  SA  books,   all  incomplete  in  one   way  or  another.   

Coverless,   CF  or  other  page out,    complete  cover  wraps,  front  covers  only,   bits  and  pieces  of  all  different  sorts. 

Would  anyone  be  interested  in  a  thread  of  that sort?  Everything  from  Amazing  Spider-Man 1  with  a  couple  folds  missing  but
both  first  fold  and  CF  still  there  to  a  coverless  Avengers 4  to   an early  Wonder  Comics  and   Worlds  Finest  2  complete
cover  wraps,  plus  plenty  of  other  lesser  but  interesting  oddballs.   

I'd  like  to  thin  the herd,  but  don't know  if  there's  enough  interest  to  start  a  separate  thread. 

Let me know your thoughts. 

Yes! Go for it!

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Retirement must be great Rick. Laying around and posting books while the rest of us West Coast working shmoos are sneaking peeks at our computers at work....

I guess that's the price we have to pay for wearing shorts and a T-Shirts in January.  :devil:

Yeah...you Californians...it was cold here in AZ today, only got up to 75 degrees...