• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Fantastic Four 110 variant..

28 posts in this topic

I picked this up today for a decently cheap price (even by my skinflint standards) and I was wondering if people could provide me with a grade as well as a value estimate. I know OS doesn't put this much above the regular edition but I remember DrBanner and Calamerica discussing this some time ago, and someone mentioned it garners a significant premium. Anyway, here is the book. The light white marks in the red Marvel logo box are light color rubbing, not creases. The back cover is honestly one of the nicest I have ever seen, virtually perfect. I don't usually collect FF, but I liked this cover and I thought there might be some interest from the variant camp. Long live Chicago Comics!!! grin.gif

FF1101.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

FF110back.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It may be the scan but I would be wary of color touch on it. It appears that there is an unusual dark spot on the cover that doesn't appear elswhere. Like I said it could just be the scan.

Sharp copy, I would say 9.0/9.2

Lower right corner, next to the candle? I noticed that too and checked it out. It does not appear to be color touch, just a slightly darker ink. No bleed through and it isn't covering up any crease. I will give it a more thorough check... thumbsup2.gif

My Luke Cage book has the exact same thing. No bleedthrough either.

It was color touch on your Luke Cage or a printing tick?

I'm pretty sure it was color touch, because it only appears around both staples. Like I said though, there isn't any bleedthrough. I only noticed it via scan, I can't see it in hand.

I'm pretty sure it was color touch, because it only appears around both staples. Like I said though, there isn't any bleedthrough. I only noticed it via scan, I can't see it in hand.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This thread is the one you chose to post in? I thought we were gonna go thread hijacking somewhere fun.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This thread is the one you chose to post in? I thought we were gonna go thread hijacking somewhere fun.

Yeah...you're right...where? confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah...you're right...where? confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif It's the same color and gloss of the ink above it bordering the green bubble things, looks like it might have been a printing error from that. It would have been an odd place for color touch, since there are color breaks elsewhere that aren't touched up and that dot is not covering a crease.

I might submit this. There are only 6 or 7 on the census and this copy is really nice, has OW/W pages too.

Mystery solved. It is a tiny printing defect. Check out the spot in this slabbed normal colored version. Same dot, same place....

Links aren't working tonight...item #6535342330

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

I wish I could find things like this, but I think I'm probably even more of a skinflint than you... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd go with 9.0 for sure, 9.2 on a good day.

P.S. Where in Chicago? gossip.gif

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

I wish I could find things like this, but I think I'm probably even more of a skinflint than you... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd go with 9.0 for sure, 9.2 on a good day.

P.S. Where in Chicago? gossip.gif

Chicago Comics. Great store. I wasn't sure if this book was in demand or valuable, so I talked the owner down a bit. I didn't have enough cash on me to pay the sticker price anyway. confused-smiley-013.gif

Great store though, with friendly workers. I have only been there two or three times, but it is already my favorite shop in the city and suburbs.