• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stories in which Bruce was killed instead of the Waynes
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm hoping/trying to locate all the stories in
which Bruce Wayne was killed instead of his
parents.

So far I know of Flashpoint (and tie in minis)
and Detective Comics #678 (a Zero Hour tie in). 
Any lead to other stories revolving that
premise would be most appreciated.

Thanks 1f60a.png?1f64f.png?

16 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

Dunno if it counts, but in the Speeding Bullets Elseworlds, the Waynes find Superman, not the Kents.  So Bruce is Clark.

It might be considered a spoiler, but could you tell me if there's any reference to Wayne's birth child in that story ?

Any other story revolving the concept of Bruce dying instead of the Waynes ?

10 hours ago, Gal Schwartz said:

It might be considered a spoiler, but could you tell me if there's any reference to Wayne's birth child in that story ?

Any other story revolving the concept of Bruce dying instead of the Waynes ?

I haven't read it in forever, I'll look.  I think they just didn't have one at all

Edit:  Yeah, they never had their own.  So he didn't so much die as never exist.  It's a mix of the Superman/Batman origin.  The Waynes find him, name him Bruce not Clark, and then Batman's origin story takes over.  It's a really good story

Edited by SteppinRazor

I don't think it quite counts for your premise, but New 52 Earth 2 includes a similar set of circumstances, which ends up giving us an outcome along the lines of what you're looking for. Spoilers ahead, obviously: Bruce becomes Batman, and dies saving the world in Darkseid's invasion. Then a new Batman emerges sometime later (coincidentally around the point when the series jumped the shark, after James Robinson left). We find out that (obviously a big SPOILER, so y'know) it's Thomas Wayne, having taken up the cowl to honour his son. That night in the alley only Martha was killed, but I think there may have been some other element at play that made Bruce think his dad was dead too? I can't quite remember that.