• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers Collection

47 posts in this topic

Since Silver Age is kind of slow I'll post this nice discovery. I bought a collection from a woman who collected Avengers and X-men (and related) and had two near complete runs. She collected in the early 80's which is exactly when I collected so I can almost relive the same purchases that she made. Anyway a bunch of these early Avengers and X-men have price tags of say $8 or $6 and are in truly nice conditon anywhere from VF to NM. Its funny because the Teen Titans or Warlord that were also in the collection have price tags of $3 or in the case of Teen Titans #1 - $15 (its a Fine too). I can sadly remember buying similar comics for crazy prices.So before I send many of these off to CGC I figured I'd blast a few up on the boards. The impressive part about these Avengers is seeing issue after issue in such high grade. When most collections are in the VG to F range it really is something else to see a string like this for sale at a wholesale price. Even in the 80's it was tough to find high grade Silver Age for what seemed like a decent price. VF's were constantly called NM and had a NM price with maybe a 10% discount. So here are the first few issues the #1 is rough but they get better.av1.jpg
av7.jpg
av8.jpg
av10.jpg
av12.jpg
av13.jpg

As far as selling them, wanted to show them first and then hit the market place as is the protocal. The following 8 13 15 16 17 are going to CGC as I estimate they rate VF or better.

From issue 15 on up the run is complete.

av15.jpg

av16.jpg

av17.jpg

av18.jpg

av19.jpg

I'll be showing the complete run up through the 20 cent issues. I'll put the non CGC issues on the marketplace soon enough. I also upgraed my photobucket account so I want to test its throughput before I use it on ebay. That was my big problem with villagephot0, they couldn't handle the large detailed scans.

Here are 20-24

av20.jpg

av21.jpg

av22.jpg

av23.jpg

av24.jpg

Sure, I just didn't want to clog a running line with covers most people have seen before or are relatively common in highgrade. I haven't scanned those yet but will over the next week or so.

25-27

Ed

av25.jpg

av26.jpg

av27.jpg

I wasn't a big fan of the SA Avengers when I was a kid in the 70s, but some of those covers are great - makes me want to start buying them.

Ya gots to be careful tho'... pretty Kirby covers often hide interiors all shot to Heck... tongue.gif

I wasn't a big fan of the SA Avengers when I was a kid in the 70s, but some of those covers are great - makes me want to start buying them.

Ya gots to be careful tho'... pretty Kirby covers often hide interiors all shot to Heck... tongue.gif

Probably why I wasn't a fan back then.

But if you buy slabbed copies, you can pretend that Kirby did the interiors too! insane.gif

But if you buy slabbed copies, you can pretend that Kirby did the interiors too! insane.gif

sign-funnypost.gif