• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For just $96k you too can own an ASM #1 3.5
2 2

32 posts in this topic

Amazing Spiderman first issue bright colors White Pages would be Near Mint except for color scrape on Spiderman leg otherwise at high grade! If you want a HIGH GRADE issue at a low grade value this is it min bid $9999

He forgets to mention the staining on the spine and under the color scrape.  Otherwise, a bargain at twice the price!

5 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Am I being a stick in the mud here?  Why do people feel the need to keep posting outrageously priced Ebay threads here?  Who cares? 

Just a little, grampa. I don’t see the need either, especially since this is yet another crazy Theo Holstein listing that somebody seems to point out once a month, but I just ignore it.

49 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Just a little, grampa. I don’t see the need either, especially since this is yet another crazy Theo Holstein listing that somebody seems to point out once a month, but I just ignore it.

I can tell from the titles when it's going to be another and just ignore it.  "Super bargain AF #15 on Craigslist.  Check it out! :screwy::shy::insane: "

Just seems that CG is inundated with the same posts all the time now.  We get it.  People list things for crazy prices.  Uneducated sellers overgrade based on whether something is still in the plastic.  No surprise, and frankly not much humor either.

5 minutes ago, Transplant said:

I can tell from the titles when it's going to be another and just ignore it.  "Super bargain AF #15 on Craigslist.  Check it out! :screwy::shy::insane: "

Just seems that CG is inundated with the same posts all the time now.  We get it.  People list things for crazy prices.  Uneducated sellers overgrade based on whether something is still in the plastic.  No surprise, and frankly not much humor either.

This is your cue to start an enduring, high-post thread! :baiting:

Maybe there’s more threads like this than in years past, but there’s also a lot less vital threads and a lot of our old-time and engaging posters have gotten quiet or left entirely. Which you know, of course.

It could be worse. Take a gander across the street sometime….

24 minutes ago, Transplant said:

stick_in_the_mud.jpg

3 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Who’s drunk enough to troll this guy? Post your messages please :popcorn:

OK, I went for it.  Without the help of my favorite soda no less.

- Me:  So in you're grading opinion, the only flaw on this book is the front cover damage along Spider-Man's leg?

- Homeboy:  That’s the reason the book was down graded from at Cgc 8.0 this book was most likely a file copy with a publishers glued on the cover. The former owner removed it thinking it work improve the condition of the book!

- Me:  Making sure I understand - this book used to be a legitimate, actually graded by CGC, 8.0 when the sticker was still attached to it? Despite the excessive amount of spine wear and color breaking creases which are easily visible in your photos of the front cover?

- Homeboy:  Heritage had a Cgc 9.4 with rusty staples spike Wear and marvel chipping last auction that’s sold for 0vet $114k as I recall! I saw the book in person and the ink from the first page was showing through the cover! At best it was should of be graded at 3.5 ! I have no idea if this book was graded before! It’s my opinion that the book is a far better grade then Cgc had graded it

- Me:  Interesting...because the most recent CGC 9.4 copy showing as sold on their website doesn't show any of those defects. Maybe it should've been a 9.2 with some of those spine stresses, but a 3.5 is simply absurd. 

(This is the Heritage book I reference btw -- https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-amazing-spider-man-1-marvel-1963-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7169-91011.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515)

---Will he respond??  Oh, and what is "spike wear"?---

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

OK, I went for it.  Without the help of my favorite soda no less.

- Me:  So in you're grading opinion, the only flaw on this book is the front cover damage along Spider-Man's leg?

- Homeboy:  That’s the reason the book was down graded from at Cgc 8.0 this book was most likely a file copy with a publishers glued on the cover. The former owner removed it thinking it work improve the condition of the book!

- Me:  Making sure I understand - this book used to be a legitimate, actually graded by CGC, 8.0 when the sticker was still attached to it? Despite the excessive amount of spine wear and color breaking creases which are easily visible in your photos of the front cover?

- Homeboy:  Heritage had a Cgc 9.4 with rusty staples spike Wear and marvel chipping last auction that’s sold for 0vet $114k as I recall! I saw the book in person and the ink from the first page was showing through the cover! At best it was should of be graded at 3.5 ! I have no idea if this book was graded before! It’s my opinion that the book is a far better grade then Cgc had graded it

- Me:  Interesting...because the most recent CGC 9.4 copy showing as sold on their website doesn't show any of those defects. Maybe it should've been a 9.2 with some of those spine stresses, but a 3.5 is simply absurd. 

(This is the Heritage book I reference btw -- https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/the-amazing-spider-man-1-marvel-1963-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7169-91011.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515)

---Will he respond??  Oh, and what is "spike wear"?---

lol Whoever this is they're a real piece of work.  I love the "File Copy" bit he goes on about.  If all tape pulls are file copies are all file copies tape pulls?

Well here he goes again (emphasis added by me):

"It had rusty staples the ink was bleeding through the front cover I’ll send you them image i went there in person the book was awful! I would never own a book with rusty staples the rust will get worse not better and destroy the paper as it’s spreads! My book is beauftul condition the small color pull/scrape on the leg doesn’t bother be at all! The book blows away the one with rusty staples graded at 9.4"