• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm Skeptical

14 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Comicdave said:

If you want to make sure the seller actually has the books, just ask him to take a picture of the centerfold or other interior page. If the seller can't or won't provide a picture, then you'll know it's a scam.

Not true.

I never take extra pic requests and I have flawless feedback dating back to 2001.

3 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

Not true.

I never take extra pic requests and I have flawless feedback dating back to 2001.

You're the exception to the rule. Most sellers will satisfy reasonable requests... especially for multi-thousand dollar items.

1 minute ago, Mr. Zipper said:

You're the exception to the rule. Most sellers will satisfy reasonable requests... especially for multi-thousand dollar items.

I may be the exception but my point is its not always a scam. I'm not trying to back the seller because we all know scammers exist but some bidders can also be obnoxious when making requests

3 hours ago, B2D327 said:

I may be the exception but my point is its not always a scam. I'm not trying to back the seller because we all know scammers exist but some bidders can also be obnoxious when making requests

They can be very obnoxious. 

Sometimes I send blurry cell phone pics because they are not satisfied with high res scans of my slabs. 

44 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Obnoxious people/requests aside, why would anyone refuse to provide extra pics?

maybe they don't have the time or feel the need. Some people ask a million questions and never buy anything-- they just want to either annoy you or try to offer the item cheaper or with free shipping. I block those people-- waste of time. IF it is a high dollar book-- the request might be worth the time and a valid question from a potential buyer. I don't sell anything that expensive though. It would probably have to be in the hundreds of dollars before it is worth it to some sellers.

Though they should always answer obvious questions like:

- do they offer combined shipping and what are the additional costs?

- any cutouts/MVS missing?

Most good sellers include that type information. The lazy ones just put up a single scan of the cover and look at pictures (plural even though they have but one)