• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supes/Bats #20

13 posts in this topic

Just read it last night. I was expecting they'd continue with more Supergirl stuff. What happened to that plotline?

confused.gif

What did you guys think of "The Maximums"?

Was it a playful jab by Loeb or something more sinister? I thought it was pretty funny, although a little uninspired as well.

What was Supes referring to when he said they killed Lois? Was that a Supes from another dimension, or the real thing?

Liked the little comment about no one staying dead except for Lucky (Soldier's old sidekick).

FYI - The Supergirl plot will pick up later this summer with her own series.

Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Is Loeb slated to write it? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yes. It's coming out in 2 months. I just ordered it from my subscription service.

sign-offtopic.gif

So how many Supergirls have their been?

Not sure, but as far as I know, they have ALL been named Kara Zor-El. So are they all really different women? Or does the same one just keep coming back? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let's see...

There were a couple of pre-Silver Age tryouts/prototypes you may or may not wish to count. (One was in a 1949 issue of Superboy, another was from sometime in the mid-1950s and reprinted in one of the "Greatest Stories..." hardcovers)

Then for Supergirl proper there were:

#1 Silver Age Kara

#2 post-Byrne "Matrix" alien shapeshifter Supergirl

#3 the Peter David Supergirl (I didn't read it until the very end, but apparently a fusion of #2 and some type of Earth angel? screwy.gif)

#4 alternate-Earth or Hypertime Kara Peter David introduced in the final issues of his run

#5 the Supergirl introduced in the 10-cent Adventure 1-shot a few years ago (also screwy.gif)

#6 the most recent Loeb/Turner post-Crisis Kara

And that's not counting the white-shirted Supergirl from the cartoon that popped up in the Superman Adventures comic.

Okay, I read the Newsarama article and now the story vaguely makes sense. But before I came to these boards I was totally confused to wtf was happening and the art was sub par. This really makes me wanna wrap up my subscription at issue 25. Hopefully I can figure out what the hell is going on by then.

Okay, I read the Newsarama article and now the story vaguely makes sense. But before I came to these boards I was totally confused to wtf was happening and the art was sub par. This really makes me wanna wrap up my subscription at issue 25. Hopefully I can figure out what the hell is going on by then.

I agree totally with you. I scanned thru the book and couldnt even figure out what it was talking about. And I have enjoyed the title till this issue.