• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off Centered/Not properly aligned with slab

2 posts in this topic

Notice how the book is off centered within the slab casing. What I mean is the book is not fully aligned with the slab casing. It’s sitting on an angle. 

Does this affect the value of the book?

Is it necessary to send it back to CGC so they can re-align the book so it sits nicely parallel to the slab casing for better presentation?

D48C6574-E1D2-4414-90AB-DFE5ABC11EA6.jpeg

On 2/4/2018 at 11:14 PM, babymilo said:

Notice how the book is off centered within the slab casing. What I mean is the book is not fully aligned with the slab casing. It’s sitting on an angle. 

Does this affect the value of the book?

Is it necessary to send it back to CGC so they can re-align the book so it sits nicely parallel to the slab casing for better presentation?

D48C6574-E1D2-4414-90AB-DFE5ABC11EA6.jpeg

I would at least get in touch with CGC and explain the issue. People spend a LOT of money to have comics slabbed so when something like this happens....well, I certainly know I would wouldn't be happy with the end result, especially when its a CGC Signature series. So I would definitely be pushing CGC to re-slab the comic. If it was just a hair off I wouldn't consider it a big deal, but that is one of the most off centered CGC comics I have seen to date. Definitely get in touch with CGC and explain the issue.