• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's one you don't see too often: Mystery in Space #53 - 4th App Adam Strange

9 posts in this topic

Respectible 4.0/4.5

Got a thing for Adam all of a sudden? poke2.gif

yeah cloud9.gif looking at a complete run of Mystery in Space has got me all Stranged Out! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

What is the #1 like and is it for sale? poke2.gif

Respectible 4.0/4.5

yeah cloud9.gif looking at a complete run of Mystery in Space has got me all Stranged Out! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

sorry.gif I mispoke, I meant a complete run of Mystery in Space starting at #53 with the first Adam Strange appearance in the title hail.gif

Respectible 4.0/4.5

sorry.gif I mispoke, I meant a complete run of Mystery in Space starting at #53 with the first Adam Strange appearance in the title hail.gif

yup - for all intents and purposes, this is issue #1, sorta like Flash # 105. after 3 tryout issues in Showcase, Adam got his "own" mag here. he actually shared it through most of the run with other stories. in fact for the first 19 issues, he was limited to 8-9 pgs and there were 2 other stories. in issue #71 he was bumped up to "double-length" staus of 17 pgs. it wasn't until issue #75 that he got the whole book in an early DC crossover featuring the JLA.........don't believe he ever got the book to himself again.......... frown.gif

i was always a big fan.......... thumbsup2.gif

and i'm thinking this book is in the 4.0-4.5 range, as well..........