• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner - August 6th

69 posts in this topic

Anyone else seeing crazy high prices for flights to Chicago? I was pricing out flights tonight and was stunned to get the super bargain price of $297 for a non-stop from Boston to Chicago. That's nearly double what I paid last year ($162)... 893whatthe.gif

It's not just Chicago. San Diego is way up as well. I think it is just airfares in general. I was lucky and booked my Chicago flight two months ago when fares were not so bad. I had to pony up for SD.

As somebody who flies to Chicago all the time, my advice to you is to wait - there are always price wars in the summer going in and out of O'Hare. That being said, please don't miss the show on my account. I just found btw, $215 RT to Midway from Logan.

SB - money sent yesterday via Paypal. Hope you got it.

All - looking forward to Chicago! Although we are moving from Milwaukee to Boston in a few weeks, I'm flying back to pick up our second car, drive it down for the Con, and then drive it out to Boston on Sunday. May it be full of great comics and OA by then!

Dan acclaim.gif

SB - money sent yesterday via Paypal. Hope you got it.

All - looking forward to Chicago! Although we are moving from Milwaukee to Boston in a few weeks, I'm flying back to pick up our second car, drive it down for the Con, and then drive it out to Boston on Sunday. May it be full of great comics and OA by then!

Where in Boston are you moving to?

As somebody who flies to Chicago all the time, my advice to you is to wait - there are always price wars in the summer going in and out of O'Hare. That being said, please don't miss the show on my account. I just found btw, $215 RT to Midway from Logan.

It's still reasonably early for a flight so I'm just going to sit tight for at least a few weeks...

Everything else is taken care of for the show as of today, so...

We're moving to Newton, Mass, a western suburb. My wife is going to be a faculty member at Andover Newton Theological School. I hope to work for Ted VanLiew at Superworld Comics.

Well, I can dream, right? cloud9.gif

Dan

We're moving to Newton, Mass, a western suburb. My wife is going to be a faculty member at Andover Newton Theological School. I hope to work for Ted VanLiew at Superworld Comics.

Newton barely qualifies as a suburb. Most Newton neighborhoods are on the "T" (the main subway line) and it abuts Boston proper in several places (including about three miles from my house. It's a very nice place to live.

It's also a straight shot from Newton onto I-90 ("the Pike") to Worcester, where Ted is located, so even if you can't get a job, you can always swing by for a visit to his warehouse (something I've never done and I'm in Worcester a couple of times a month.)

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the area...

Me and a friend will be attending chicago. We want to attend the dinner. I already talked to steve about it. I told him I would be paying him shortly. Can you put us on the list? I know this is a stupid question but the 60 bucks covers dinner right?

Me and a friend will be attending chicago. We want to attend the dinner. I already talked to steve about it. I told him I would be paying him shortly. Can you put us on the list? I know this is a stupid question but the 60 bucks covers dinner right?

Yep.

CGC is picking up the finger-sized appetizers served beforehand, and the bar is a cash bar (the water's free, though!).

Updated attendee list coming in a few days.

Yep.

CGC is picking up the finger-sized appetizers served beforehand, and the bar is a cash bar (the water's free, though!).

Cash bar? mad.gif

Can I send more money up front and drink my way to Bolivia?

Yep.

PedigreeMan, does Gibson's have a corkage fee if I want to bring a couple bottles of vino to share with fellow forumites? I'm happy to pay it and kick things off with some wine.

Yep.

PedigreeMan, does Gibson's have a corkage fee if I want to bring a couple bottles of vino to share with fellow forumites? I'm happy to pay it and kick things off with some wine.

frown.gif We got negged on that last year...

Yep.

Like Rob said, they won't let you bring wine at all. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yep.

How about my own bottle of Pepsi? I can bring a 32 ouncer to sip on the whole night. If they "neg" that too, I can probably hide a 16 ounce bottle in my coat. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep.

tongue.gif

I guess we'll just have to move the post-dinner party to Casa Rhino for some vino and a pinball tournament. grin.gifyay.gifheadbang.gif

I guess we'll just have to move the post-dinner party to Casa Rhino for some vino and a pinball tournament. grin.gifyay.gifheadbang.gif

Pinball? What do you have?

Addams Family, Elvira Scared Stiff, and Monster Bash. thumbsup2.gif

Got Fish Tales too, but it needs some work.