• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner - August 6th

69 posts in this topic

I guess we'll just have to move the post-dinner party to Casa Rhino for some vino and a pinball tournament. grin.gifyay.gifheadbang.gif

Pinball? What do you have?

Addams Family

That's a great game 893applaud-thumb.gif

cloud9.gif It's a classic. Monster Bash is a phenomenal game too. Still looking for a Cactus Canyon and Medieval Madness.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It's post-Philly and pre-San Diego, so that must mean it's time to start planning for the greatest forum dinner in the Midwest! Yes, I'm talking about the one taking place during Wizard World Chicago! yay.gif

The Details:

What:

CGC Forum Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 6th, 6:00pm - ??? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Stephens Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Why:

To harangue the CGC crew about pressing

To taunt Flying Donut about his eBay shenanigans

To call FFB a know-it-all

To get more pictures that Redhook will use against us

TO PARTY! yay.gif

Who:

(List primarily culled from other threads)

PedigreeMan + 1 (Mrs. PedigreeMan? PedigreeGal? PedigreeWoman? confused-smiley-013.gif)

Borock and assorted CGC crewmen

Norrin Radd

October Fire

Flying Donut

Jbud73

500 (?)

Drummy

FFB + 1 (The electrifying Elizabeth!)

BassGMan

Zeman + 1 (The gracious Greta!)

Bobpfef

Rob React

Asmfan + 1 (The eloquent Erika!)

Jokersrevenge (?)

Redhook + 1 (The ... uh, Mrs. Redhook! foreheadslap.gif)

Klodz24seven (screw the poker game!)

Rhino Comics

Matt Nelson yay.gif

And I haven't even begun my campaigning yet! Let's break 50 people this year, crew! SIGN UP NOW! cool.gif

NOTE: If you are planning to attend, please be a good sport and Paypal Steve (sborock@cgccomics.com) $60 ASAP. Gibson's needs a $500 deposit by June 17th and I would like to have Steve not come out of pocket for this. That being said, you can wait ... but I wouldn't recommend it (if ya knows what's good fer yas! flowerred.gif)

And away we goooooo.....

Alan

Some minor additions to the guest list thus far:

OUT: mad.giffrown.gif

Jbud73

Zeman & the Glorifying Greta

IN: yay.gif

Flink

Goody Rickles

143ksk

thecollector + 1

TomG (bring the lists, chucklehead! makepoint.gif)

Beyonder (shaddup already, you know you're coming! makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif)

Michelle Nolan yay.gif

My canvassing begins in earnest next week, so if you haven't confirmed that you're coming by then OR if you're not on any of the above lists and I even think there's a chance you're going to be within a 100 mile radius of Chicago that weekend, expect many harrassing polite and courteous emails needling gently encouraging you to come! grin.gif

Alan

What happened to Win (CentaurMan)? Did he flee to the monastery? Haven't seen hide nor hair of him in a while, and he's not on the list.

It's post-Philly and pre-San Diego, so that must mean it's time to start planning for the greatest forum dinner in the Midwest! Yes, I'm talking about the one taking place during Wizard World Chicago! yay.gif

The Details:

What:

When:

Where:

The Stephens Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Why:

TO PARTY! yay.gif

Who:

PedigreeMan + 1 (Mrs. PedigreeMan? PedigreeGal? PedigreeWoman? confused-smiley-013.gif)

Norrin Radd

October Fire

Flying Donut

Jbud73

500 (?)

Drummy

BassGMan

Bobpfef

Rob React

Jokersrevenge (?)

Rhino Comics

Matt Nelson yay.gif

And I haven't even begun my campaigning yet! Let's break 50 people this year, crew! SIGN UP NOW! cool.gif

NOTE: If you are planning to attend, please be a good sport and Paypal Steve (sborock@cgccomics.com) $60 ASAP. Gibson's needs a $500 deposit by June 17th and I would like to have Steve not come out of pocket for this. That being said, you can wait ... but I wouldn't recommend it (if ya knows what's good fer yas! flowerred.gif)

And away we goooooo.....

Alan

Jbud73

Flink

Goody Rickles

143ksk

thecollector + 1

Michelle Nolan yay.gif

My canvassing begins in earnest next week, so if you haven't confirmed that you're coming by then OR if you're not on any of the above lists and I even think there's a chance you're going to be within a 100 mile radius of Chicago that weekend, expect many harrassing polite and courteous emails needling gently encouraging you to come! grin.gif

Alan

Jbud73

Flink

Goody Rickles

143ksk

thecollector + 1

Michelle Nolan yay.gif

Alan

I don't think I'll be able to make the dinner. frown.gif

My family's vacation plans changed and I'll be stopping in Chicago on the way home from South Dakota. I will be at the con on Saturday before heading home.

The Details:

What:

When:

Where:

Why:

TO PARTY! yay.gif

Who:

Norrin Radd

October Fire

Flying Donut

Jbud73

500 (?)

Drummy

BassGMan

Bobpfef

Rob React

Jokersrevenge (?)

Rhino Comics

Matt Nelson yay.gif

And away we goooooo.....

Alan

Jbud73

Flink

Goody Rickles

143ksk

thecollector + 1

Michelle Nolan yay.gif

Alan

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(Cross-posted here so Rob_React doesn't have to warp his fragile little mind visiting Comics General.)

Updated Attendee List:

Confirmed:

Litch, Shecter, Talmadge, Downton

PedigreeMan + 1 (The dazzling, dynamic Donna!)

October Fire

Flying Donut

Drummy

BassGMan

Rob React

Rhino Comics + 1 (The bodacious Beth!)

143ksk

Flink

Goody Rickles

thecollector + 1

Bobpfef

Jokersrevenge

Kevin Boyd

Jimm94

Scrooge

Razor

Architect

Bryan Neely + 1

TomG

Matt Nelson

Michelle Nolan

Moondog

Joe Sarno

Steve Wyatt + 1

Tommy Maletta + 1 (The kickin' Kristine!)

Rich Koslowski

Maggie Thompson

And a special appearance by Mister Comics!

Mostly Confirmed:

QualityComix (conditional on whether others attend)

BlazingBob (provided we have syrup or Peter Luger's steak sauce or pita bread or something ... Bob's a bit screwy.gif )

Paradise Comics (provided Peter's not schmoozing Jim Lee or somebody)

Bob Beerbohm ("sounds very hopeful")

Vinnie (will "try and make it" -- going to bug him mercilessly during the show laugh.gif)

Waffling:

Klodz24seven

Stagedoorjohnny

CentaurMan

Nochips

Archiefan

Beyonder (apparently needs a floor to sleep on)

No responses:

Captain Tripps

Comiclink

Waiting to hear back from:

Don Butler

Fred McSurely & Mood

If you haven't yet paid the $60 for dinner, the time to Paypal anyone has now passed. Instead, please bring $60 cash the day of the dinner and give it to either Paul Litch or myself.

Also, there's plenty of room left -- The Stephens Room can hold upwards of 60 people -- so don't hesitate to sign up! All are welcome; the only requirement is that you come to have FUN!

Finally, being a lazy new graduate in a holding pattern while he waits to hear if his future will be making millions in the law or minimum wage flipping burgers, October_Fire has undertaken the monstrous task of herding people for a hot dog run sometime Saturday afternoon. If you want to eat the best damn hot dogs in the city, contact him ASAP. cool.gif

news.gifnews.gifnews.gif

From the REALLY BAD NEWS file:

Just talked to Borock, and due to personal reasons he will NOT be attending Wizard World Chicago this year. This, of course, also means that he will not be present at the forum dinner. frown.gif The more than capable Paul Litch will therefore be taking over as pointman on this project, with myself remaining as his (semi) competent wingman.

Given this turn of events and the fact that Paul will be flying out to Chicago earlier than Steve would have, the time to Paypal the $60 has now passed. Instead, if you haven't yet paid, please bring $60 cash the day of the dinner and give it to either Paul or myself.

And let's all make sure that we hoist one in Steve's honor on Saturday, m'okay? cool.gif

You can give the Greatful Dead tie to me, but I won't promise that it will ever survive the return trip home to Steve's collection...muahahahahaha!!!

devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

Updated Attendee List:

Confirmed:

October Fire

Flying Donut

Drummy

BassGMan

Rob React

143ksk

Flink

Goody Rickles

thecollector + 1

Bobpfef

Jokersrevenge

Kevin Boyd

Jimm94

Scrooge

CentaurMan

Iron Maniac

Razor

Architect

Bryan Neely + 1

TomG

Matt Nelson

Michelle Nolan

Moondog

Joe Sarno

Steve Wyatt + 1

Rich Koslowski

Maggie Thompson

Mostly Confirmed:

BlazingBob (provided we have syrup or Peter Luger's steak sauce or pita bread or something ... Bob's a bit screwy.gif )

Vinnie (will "try and make it" -- going to bug him mercilessly during the show laugh.gif)

Don Butler

Fred McSurely & Mood (verbal confirmation thru Steve, but until I hear it or it's posted here, they ain't going on the "confirmed" list mad.gif)

Waffling:

Klodz24seven

Stagedoorjohnny

Nochips

Archiefan

If you haven't yet paid the $60 for dinner, the time to Paypal anyone has now passed. Instead, please bring $60 cash the day of the dinner and give it to either Paul Litch or myself.

Going ... going ... gone, people. If you want to come, are thinking about coming, or just want to royally screw with our plans AND your name is not on the above lists, let it be known ASAP! I'll be giving Gibson's the final tally sometime today, so sign-up NOW! I will keep seats open for the mostly confirmed and the wafflers, but others may be SOL. You have been warned! cool.gif

Also, October_Fire is compiling a list of members for a hotdog run sometime on Saturday, so if you're interested in clogging your arteries, shoot him a PM.

If anyone has any questions, problems, concerns, whatever, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be checking PMs right up until I leave on Saturday morning, so I should not be too incommunicado. Also, if you don't have my cell phone number but would like it, please let me know and I'll shoot it to you.

Let's party! yay.gif

Updated Attendee List:

Confirmed:

October Fire

Flying Donut

Drummy

BassGMan

Rob React

143ksk

Flink

Goody Rickles

thecollector + 1

Bobpfef

Jokersrevenge

Kevin Boyd

Jimm94

Scrooge

CentaurMan

Iron Maniac

Razor

Architect

Bryan Neely + 1

TomG

Matt Nelson

Michelle Nolan

Moondog

Joe Sarno

Steve Wyatt + 1

Rich Koslowski

Maggie Thompson

Mostly Confirmed:

Don Butler

Fred McSurely & Mood (verbal confirmation thru Steve, but until I hear it or it's posted here, they ain't going on the "confirmed" list mad.gif)

Waffling:

Klodz24seven

Stagedoorjohnny

Nochips

Archiefan

Going ... going ... gone, people. If you want to come, are thinking about coming, or just want to royally screw with our plans AND your name is not on the above lists, let it be known ASAP! I'll be giving Gibson's the final tally sometime today, so sign-up NOW! I will keep seats open for the mostly confirmed and the wafflers, but others may be SOL. You have been warned! cool.gif

Also, October_Fire is compiling a list of members for a hotdog run sometime on Saturday, so if you're interested in clogging your arteries, shoot him a PM.

If anyone has any questions, problems, concerns, whatever, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be checking PMs right up until I leave on Saturday morning, so I should not be too incommunicado. Also, if you don't have my cell phone number but would like it, please let me know and I'll shoot it to you.

Let's party! yay.gif

WELL, How was dinner? Where are the pictures???????????

I thought the dinner went really well (though still waiting on my dessert??!!??)....Loved CentaurMan's Detective #1....some great conversation....RobReact and FFB took most of the Photo's...I took none....enjoyed teasing Drummy about his purchase ("Fantastic" piece of Bronze age art)....Steaks and conversation were great.

I agree the dinner was excellent. Rob and FFB are hard core we stayed up till 3 hanging out It was crazy

smile.gif Much to my detriment as the next day as I had to get up early in order to check out. I could have used another five hours of sleep that day... Photos and my final chicago post will be coming later.