• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Forum Dinner - August 6th

69 posts in this topic

Wimp. I was up at 7 and went to a flea market outside in the heat all day. grin.gifTremendous time had by all, the dinner was tremendous as usual. Three reasons why the dinner was cool, just off the top of my head:

1. I got to read a Detective 1.

2. Excellent conversation about comics until 2:30 AM.

3. Arguing about restoration with FFB and Maggie Thomson at 1230 AM.

The hideous Donut report, with all sorts of scans (and pictures stolen from Rob) will be up tomorrow.

I woke up at 2:00 AM EST on Friday night/Saturday morning so I could catch a flight to Chicago for the con. As a result, I was dead tired and unintentionally ended up leaving the forum dinner at 10:00 PM because I went up to the hotel room to "powder my nose and lay down for just a minute". The next solid memory I have is of FFB knocking on the hotel room door to be let in after a night of partying. foreheadslap.gif

I had a great time during the portion of dinner that I did attend, and truly enjoyed the show. I loved being able to meet so many forumites. I was especially amused by the uncomfortable laughter I received when I introduced myself to the entire group as a certain unnamed forum member. I'm sure no one noticed or cared that I was gone fairly early, but I still owe Moondog a drink. Thanks again, Gary! hi.gifhail.gif

I was especially amused by the uncomfortable laughter I received when I introduced myself to the entire group as a certain unnamed forum member.

It was funnier when I did it to Tom Brulato last year. insane.gif

The hideous Donut report, with all sorts of scans (and pictures stolen from Rob) will be up tomorrow.

confused-smiley-013.gif

You're 0-2 on posting reports.

Had to ship everything back as I bought too much, and the books came today for scanning.

Report will be up tonight! I'll call it the "late late report" or something like that.