• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery Comics #6

20 posts in this topic

I suspect whoever "restored" that book had a lot of fun doing it. Looks like a labor of love to me

Exactly! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I wonder would CGC grade and encapsulate that? tongue.gif

High bidder. acclaim.gif

Now I am! Don't outbid me - I genuinely want to read the thing! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif Likewise. sumo.gif

Well, let's make a gentleman's agreement - let's not bid each other up, and if I win it I'll read it then send it to you.

Fair? I put $25 on it.

Shawn

I've read that copy, the inside is actually pretty nice.

The cover was hand drawn in either the '50s or '60s

The book was also part of a large collection of "low grade" golden age out of the Fort Worth, Texas area. I have the Cap Marvel #18 from the collection.

A friend of mine owns the Marvel #6 that's how I know all of this.

I'd like to own a cheap copy even if the cover if fake but I'm not going to go crazy on it. Not sure if just two pages are original or all of it is fake?

It's just a coverless copy, with a hand-drawn cover.

Could be from the same collection then, stuff does tend to circulate!

There were several "hand drawn" covers in the overall collection. But they were mostly pre - 1945 books.

The guy probably got the copies that the covers had been torn from for credit on the cheap and drew covers from memory.

Since 1979 I've had 1 Marvel Comics #1, 0 #2, 1 of #3, 1 of #4, 1 of #5, 0 of #6, 2 of #7, 2 of #8, 1 of #9, 3 of #10.

So in my opinion #6 is tough, coverless or not!

893whatthe.gif893blahblah.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif