• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this place deader than ever?
11 11

2,618 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

If the old guard drives away even just one enthusiastic newby  (which they do...quite often actually)..... that is one too many  :sorry:

Name names. The only new people I see getting butthurt are the ones who come in with unrealistic expectations 2c

10 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
26 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

I know I don't contribute much other than to try and stir pots (never with malicious intent, truthfully) but I still enjoy my time here as much as I did almost a measly 5 years ago.  I've been able to discover the joy of GA and pre code horror and sci fi, something I had never even considered before.  There are some really cool and helpful people here and fwiw I've never felt like I've been given a rough time.  Its so hard for me to derive hidden meanings and subtle jabs/jibes from typed text anyway that I try not to read into too much (so maybe I'm just oblivious to all the rough treatment!) 

Or maybe you are not overly sensitive, it's a good thing;) FWIW (and I learned that here;) I miss most of the jabs, subtle  or otherwise;) or maybe I tune them out, I'm not sure. It's motherhood 101;)

Let's get this Cub Scout Meeting underway, Den Mother!   (thumbsu

6 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
13 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

If the old guard drives away even just one enthusiastic newby  (which they do...quite often actually)..... that is one too many  :sorry:

Name names. The only new people I see getting butthurt are the ones who come in with unrealistic expectations 2c

Yes, we're going to need some examples.

When none are provided, we can post links to all the entrances by newbs who thought they were special and more important than everybody else.

This is the first thread this year I have read more than one post of. :news:

So I am going to kick it with my old Spidermanontilt behavior on this post for old time sakes.

Reasons why the New CGC boards blow balls

• New boardies are just that new with moronic questions that the average comic book dope should know already before joining
  • People are tired of seeing the same comics books over and over again.  Hulk 181 is not a grail in CGC 4.0 so stop your nonsense
  • worthless boardies hyping up books to serve their own interests of copies they own.
  • sales thread on all sides of the coin with books that are easy to find on eBay and for a better price
  • insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who think Punisher S1 and SW The Last Jedi were good
  • Books that are being posted in "this week back from CGC" that are getting :headbang: or (worship) that are such garbage.
  • I don't need to keep going to the Silver or the Bronze section just to see the same people talking about common books like AF 15 or Hulk 181
  • "this week in your collection" for all applicable comic categories subject matter is just the same stuff in lower or higher grades.  I mean I am glad you are excited for finally getting that ASM #2 in VG condition, but once you have seen one you have seen them all
  • it used to be fun selling here on the boards and exciting, but now it's just easier to auction them on eBay then deal with the low ball offers and the want a be small time peasant board dealers asking 50% over GPA cause they think ASM 129 or Bat Adv 12 is a rare book.  :eyeroll:
  • Just like in life something starts off with the best of the best then it twindles down to watered down garbage that are the 2018 New CGC boards.

I am more into comics than I have ever been at anytime in my life here on the boards, but again the problem is people are just tired of reading about the same stuff, and seeing someone quote a Infinity Gauntlet #1 in CGC 9.0 w/WP and having the :headbang:  around it.  I mean seriously is that what our expectations are, if so this place needs to be burned down.

Just remember what most of you collect sucks and comics area commodity, thank god!

thanks for reading!

SOT

Edited by NewWorldOrder

10 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

This is the first thread this year I have read more than one post of. :news:

So I am going to kick it with my old Spidermanontilt behavior on this post for old time sakes.

Reasons why the New CGC boards blow balls

• New boardies are just that new with moronic questions that the average comic book dope should know already before joining
  • People are tired of seeing the same comics books over and over again.  Hulk 181 is not a grail in CGC 4.0 so stop your nonsense
  • worthless boardies hyping up books to serve their own interests of copies they own.
  • sales thread on all sides of the coin with books that are easy to find on eBay and for a better price
  • insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who think Punisher S1 and SW The Last Jedi were good
  • Books that are being posted in "this week back from CGC" that are getting :headbang: or (worship) that are such garbage.
  • I don't need to keep going to the Silver or the Bronze section just to see the same people talking about common books like AF 15 or Hulk 181
  • "this week in your collection" for all applicable comic categories subject matter is just the same stuff in lower or higher grades.  I mean I am glad you are excited for finally getting that ASM #2 in VG condition, but once you have seen one you have seen them all
  • it used to be fun selling here on the boards and exciting, but now it's just easier to auction them on eBay then deal with the low ball offers and the want a be small time peasant board dealers asking 50% over GPA cause they think ASM 129 or Bat Adv 12 is a rare book.  :eyeroll:
  • Just like in life something starts off with the best of the best then it twindles down to watered down garbage that are the 2018 New CGC boards.

I am more into comics than I have ever been at anytime in my life here on the boards, but again the problem is people are just tired of reading about the same stuff, and seeing someone quote a Infinity Gauntlet #1 in CGC 9.0 w/WP and having the :headbang:  around it.  I mean seriously is that what our expectations are, if so this place needs to be burned down.

Just remember what most of you collect sucks and comics area commodity, thank god!

thanks for reading!

SOT

You, sir, have a poopy attitude, and need to spend more time in the corner.  (tsk)

Just now, DR.X said:
1 minute ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

What is GPA?

Good People Annonymous

Gassy People Anonymous - AKA Brotherhood of Carpet Bombers

11 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

it used to be fun selling here on the boards and exciting, but now it's just easier to auction them on eBay then deal with the low ball offers and the want a be small time peasant board dealers asking 50% over GPA

Seriously though, you've never seen my sales threads! I sell everything for under gpalol

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

You, sir, have a poopy attitude, and need to spend more time in the corner.  (tsk)

How tall is his horse?:baiting:

I don't know, but it is shading mine out!

Image result for dwarf horse jpg