• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vertigo's THE KITCHEN starring Melissa McCarthy (TBD)

33 posts in this topic

21% positive reviews from the critics on Rotten Tomatoes and $5.5 million domestic opening weekend?

Wow...puts it in the running for worst comic book film of all time.

It takes skill to rock only 1/4 of Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance.

Even The Spirit had a better first weekend.

5 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

21% positive reviews from the critics on Rotten Tomatoes and $5.5 million domestic opening weekend?

Wow...puts it in the running for worst comic book film of all time.

It takes skill to rock only 1/4 of Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance.

Even The Spirit had a better first weekend.

will it rise above the box office take of these luminaries of comic book adaptation?

148 Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For W/Dim. $13,757,804 2,894 $6,317,683 2,894 8/22/14
149 Dredd LGF $13,414,714 2,557 $6,278,491 2,506 9/21/12
150 Jonah Hex WB $10,547,117 2,825 $5,379,365 2,825 6/18/1

I got dragged to this dud last week.  Terrible, terrible movie with very little redeeming qualities.  Avoid at all cost.

Edited by 1Cool

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I got dragged to this dud last week.  Terrible, terrible movie with very little redeeming qualities.  Avoid at all cost.

Forgot to ask. Was there a fellow sitting in the back yelling out 'Bet it won't make one-billion dollars - tee-hee'?

(:

It just was poorly written even though there was some pretty good people in it.  They just concentrated on the women can do anything like the guys narrative and forgot to do a plot.  I thought the preview looked bad but the wife wanted to go see it and she doesn’t ask often for me to go see duds.  Just saw Good Boys and it was very funny and a good flick.  Go see that one.

Edited by 1Cool

8 hours ago, 1Cool said:

It just was poorly written even though there was some pretty good people in it.  They just concentrated on the women can do anything like the guys narrative and forgot to do a plot.  I thought the preview looked bad but the wife wanted to go see it and she doesn’t ask often for me to go see duds.  Just saw Good Boys and it was very funny and a good flick.  Go see that one.

That's just sad.

Bringing together a cast like that, and then wasting them. I'll hold off seeing it until video. With a Redbox free coupon. But it has to be one of those 'Rent Two - Get Both Free' coupons.

:insane: