• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect Feb 2018 auction
5 5

365 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

A good auction. Landed the two books I was targeting. Dream books.

409BA8DF-D7B2-44DC-B133-4BC8345D29A3.jpeg.c9eb5064ef60165f9235f50da8546672.jpeg4286B97A-E1C0-4E8B-BC7E-A50E1BC85D4D.jpeg.82fadaf761301fe309e86698d031eb62.jpeg

..I think when we throw around the term 'Big Boys' around here, we have a new player :baiting:

Major congrats! :applause:

54 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:
1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I was only bidding on Sensation 10, I bid about 50% over the last GPA and got outbid, so then I tried Sensation 10, and someone must have discovered these books, it's not like 7 seas, but these were always cheap. That darn movie is ruining my upgrading schemes..

I did win this one, but pretty much by accident, it was just too low and I tossed on a bid. Higher grade than the copy I have, so I'm happy. I guess the high prices on the others only make the lower ones I have worth more, but I may leave my collection as is for a while. 

sen1.1138a.jpg

Great book Sha!

+1

In full agreement here as I absolutely love that bright blood red eye-popping cover.  :luhv:

5 hours ago, jhm said:

CC had a Punch #12 8.0 that's no longer available. Anyone know what it sold for?

I recall BIN was listed at 55K. They had received a 50K offer but not accepted.

Edited by Gotham Kid

12 hours ago, jhm said:

Wow. $7,800 for the Punch #9. Same book sold in 2004 @ $805, then 2016 @ $2,100. Nearly a 4x multiple in 2 years. Some Cheslers seem white hot while others seem stalled.

That was one of the more shocking results in the auction, imo.

Just now, Sqeggs said:

You look at Baker sales and your shocked with that price,just part of the crazies going on :insane:

2 minutes ago, comicjack said:
4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

You look at Baker sales and your shocked with that price,just part of the crazies going on :insane:

The Seven Seas 4 was another surprising outcome, that's for sure.  If the Giant Comics Edition 12 hadn't been a PLOD, I think it would gone for at least double what it did, despite being only a 2.5.  So, yeah, Bakers is hot!

Just now, Sqeggs said:

The Seven Seas 4 was another surprising outcome, that's for sure.  If the Giant Comics Edition 12 hadn't been a PLOD, I think it would gone for at least double what it did, despite being only a 2.5.  So, yeah, Bakers is hot!

I think the Bakery is just getting started in terms of bread :flipbait:

1 hour ago, comicjack said:
2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

WOWZA! on all the 3 big fox gets!!!

who's gettn' the ww 7 tonite?

I'm sure it will be a painful win at that 

No idea on the WW 7, but it's interesting to note that it's currently still running about $4K shy of where it finished up at when this exact same copy sold at heritage last August.

But I do believe I know who will get the WW 11 as it's Ritter's forte to snapped up these Fox books that are running under the radar.  Especially in the case of this one which is still running at only half of condition guide whereas all of the other 4 early Fox books were already running at multiples to guide days before the end of the auction.  Depending upon the final price here, his MO for these Fox books is to "squeeze out" (pun fully intended lol) a double or in this particular case here, probably a triple from what he had to pay.  Especially when the only copy graded higher is the Jon Berk Church copy that sold for $19K, so $700+ should be a no-brainer here for Ritter.  hm

Just took a quick look at the listings for this final day.

With the current heat on for GA classic covers, I imagine that there is still quite a bit more bidding to go (i.e. firework fun and games) for books such as the entry level Suspense 1, the nicely restored Target 7, both copies of Terrific 5, and the lower grade copy of Venus 19.  :taptaptap:

Just a curious observation.

Tec 31 4.5 ended at $96,000

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=750758

The last time book was brought to auction it ended at ... $96,000

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=685983

*cough*

Edited by Gotham Kid