Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

4,906 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

This "throwing her in the pond" scene was censored out upon its 1931 release and subsequently lost until 1980's when it was rediscovered in the collection of the British national film archives....

Karloff was never happy with this scene and was pleased to see it censored as he felt that it removed any sympathy for the monster and would also shock the viewing audience. There was another cut scene that was restored involving Henry Frankenstein (Colin Clive) shouting to the Heavens: "It's alive! It's alive! In the name of God! Now I know what it feels to be God!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The title of this one alone would have scared me to death as a child , i would have had nightmares....

i will never forget seeing a Frankenstein and Dracula double feature at the theatre in the mid 60's as a child and i had nightmares for weeks.....

in fact i may have even have seen this "die monster die" movie as a child because my Dad loved them , but it was sooooo scary i repressed it from my memory until just now lol 

Image result for die monster die comic Image result for die monster die comic

Edited by 1950's war comics
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Karloff was never happy with this scene and was pleased to see it censored as he felt that it removed any sympathy for the monster and would also shock the viewing audience. There was another cut scene that was restored involving Henry Frankenstein (Colin Clive) shouting to the Heavens: "It's alive! It's alive! In the name of God! Now I know what it feels to be God!"

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

in fact i may have even have seen this "die monster die" movie as a child because my Dad loved them , but it was sooooo scary i repressed it from my memory until just now lol 

Image result for die monster die comic Image result for die monster die comic

Edit

This movie was based on the Lovecraft story "The colour out of space" in a way it's a similar story to Karloff's earlier The Invisible ray 1936 were a meteorite poisons him. I never warmed to Nick Adams as a lead as it was hard to tell him from the sets (wooden).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is another great Dell horror - an adaptation of Creature from the Black Lagoon (my favorite of the Universal monsters). This is the first printing, it proved to be a very popular issue and a second printing was also made.

s-l400 (9).jpg

Edited by Cushing Fan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Here is another great Dell horror - an adaptation of Creature from the Black Lagoon (my favorite of the Universal monsters). This is the first printing, it proved to be a very popular issue and a second printing was also made.

s-l400 (9).jpg

Creature is my favorite of these Universal monsters.

I use to have the model.

Image result for aurora creature black lagoon model

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4