• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

Couple of house ads for Charlton , usually advertising the comic you just bought... lol   Make a note of the warning on the first one...... No limit on production cost here:grin:     

Charlton Comics full page promo ad. 1969    Charlton Comics full page in house ad for Ghost Manor #2: The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves #9: Ghostly Tales #69. 1968

Here an ad for ACG's Adventures Into The Inknown #23 and Forbidden Worlds #9.... I like the b&w ones(thumbsu

ea9df843aca99e20fd32aaa0132b8c54.jpg   Forbidden Worlds B&W Promo Ad. Golden Age.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Couple of house ads for Charlton , usually advertising the comic you just bought... lol   Make a note of the warning on the first one...... No limit on production cost here:grin:     

Charlton Comics full page promo ad. 1969    Charlton Comics full page in house ad for Ghost Manor #2: The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves #9: Ghostly Tales #69. 1968

Here an ad for ACG's Adventures Into The Inknown #23 and Forbidden Worlds #9.... I like the b&w ones(thumbsu

ea9df843aca99e20fd32aaa0132b8c54.jpg   Forbidden Worlds B&W Promo Ad. Golden Age.

Those are cool I love Spooks.(thumbsu 

Not a comic but was a great resource for movie knowledge when I was a kid looking for interesting books to read at my local library. Introduced me to names like Conrad Veidt, Ricau Browning, Jack Pearce and some of the original legends the movies were based on. The cover was different but I remember the author’s name like it was yesterday

90F0710E-25D6-4C1C-99FA-878256355704.jpeg

4 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

LA. 1940. Celebrity charity baseball game.

Here's 20 sec. of footage of BK.

Oh wow I've never seen that before what an imposing figure the monster was can you imagine him coming after you, I don't think even doors would stop that guy.:fear: Thanks Mike.(thumbsu

5 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

He also did covers for Warren, including a few FMs and MWs.

fm35.jpgfm36.jpgfm38.jpgfm39.jpg

fm67.jpgfm68.jpgfmyb66.jpgfmyb67.jpg

monsterw02.jpgmonsterw04.jpg

I remember staring at those covers whenever I went to the coffee shop with my mom, wishing she would buy me one to no avail. Luckily, my older brothers would always pick them up but sneaking into their room to “peruse” them when they weren’t home was another adventure unto itself